Toad World® Forums

Format Case Only in Editor replaces tabs with spaces

Howdy all,

In the 13.1.0.14 Editor, Format Case Only commits tabicide, replacing tabs with spaces. Oh, the humanity!

Won’t someone help save the tabs? For just pennies a day, you too can help.

Thanks!
Rich

Disclaimer: Not responsible for any misconstrued, misunderstood, or misrepresented verbiage herein. Or therein. Or anywherein.

Thanks, Rich. Logged. Workaround - lose the evil tab!

Michael

www.youtube.com/watch

It’s completely wrong. Firstly, it has nothing to do with people who may or may not be named “Richard” (or variant). Second, 8-space tabs are just as wrong as 8 spaces. Everyone knows the “8-Spacers” lost that logic battle to the apex number of 4. Not 2, not 3 (and 5 is right out), but 4. F. O. W. R. – 4.

I also am very thankful that my lovely bride is not a coder, and that I’ve learned to forgive space abuse.

No, I am not salty!

Rich(ard)

Disclaimer: Who put the Red Bull in my black tea today?

Bumping the thread – still in 13.1.0.46

Thanks!
Rich

I’m not a fan of bumping old threads, but it’s still happening in 13.2.0.57.

Thanks!
Rich

This is still logged, Rich, and the internal discussion on how best to tackle it has died down. I did a corresponding bump there.

Those darned tabs…darned, wonderful, efficient tabs…

Thanks, Michael!

Hello Rich,

To be honest, the formatter didn’t pick up the tab setting anymore after an architectural change which was completed somewhere around April/May 2018. Even while questioning the efficiency of tabs (I’m not speaking for the company) I still think that they should work as before. I’ll work something out together with Michael asap to make sure you have the tabs back.

Andre

Thanks Andre!

Rich

p.s. The Toad World forum post editor also does not treat tabs as characters, as I pasted several hundred tabs in here to get it to the minimum 20 characters required for posting. Tabs are so misunderstood and abused… :wink:

Check in next beta, Rich.

My tabs! My beloved, betrothed, benevolent tabs! They have returned to me! :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart:

Oh, and thanks guys, too… :blush:

Rich