Formatting Options - Header Comment

I currently use a snippet to add a header comment to my scripts when they’re created but was wondering if you can use the Header comment function in the formatter options to do the same thing, also are you able to add variables such as %shortdate% and %filename% like you can in snippets.

Within Management Studio you can edit the basic query file/template so it contains everything you need every time you create a new script but i can’t seem to do the same thing within Toad

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Karl

HeaderComment.jpeg

Hello Karl,
Sorry for long response.
We are investigating your problem. Could you explain us your issue more detailed? Where you try to add the header ( what place? Could you send us screenshot?) and where your desire we add variables such as %shortdate% and %filename%?
We just could not catch your issue.

Thanks,
Anastasia

Hi there Anastasia

This is the default header i add to the majority of scripts but this has to be done via a snippet every time.

In Management Studio it is possible to customise the Default .sql file, so every time you create a new query the header information is always there.
I wanted to know if it's possible to amend default .sql file that is opened every time you click on the Editor icon on the toolbar, or go to File/New/Editor or Ctrl+N

Hope this makes sense, please let me know if you need anymore info.

Thanks in advance

Karl

Hello Karl,

Thank you for your explanation. Now it is clear. Unfortunately ,TSS has no such
ability now, but I have created ER 90084.

Thanks,

Anastasia
~WRD000.jpeg

Hello Karl,

Thanks,

Anastasia
image001.jpeg

Hello Karl,

Thanks,

Anastasia
image001.jpeg

Many thanks for the update Anastasia

For anyone who finds this via a search engine, there is a solution.

http://www.toadworld.com/products/toad-for-sql-server/b/weblog/archive/2013/07/01/toad-for-sql-server-6-0-tips-and-tricks