Formatting Script Output

Hi, when running a sql as a script, the output is wrapping, the date is putting a character on a separate line for each character and the select statement is not being returned.

Does anyone know where I would change these settings? I am currently running vers 8.6.1 and I had all this formatting correct prior to a hard drive crash.

Thanks so much!!

Same as sql plus: add set linesize 256 to your script

There are also options in various versions of Toad to control this – but
the interface has changed over the years – so you’ll need to do a
search in options

Jodi,

Have you tried to

set linesize 1000

Or some other long number?

chris

Thanks! I did the search and wasn’t able to find it…

I can add the linesize, headers and etc to each script, but, I had it formatted prior to my crash and it wasn’t neccessary to add each time.

Any other suggestions, it’s making my life miserable… well, maybe not my life… just my script output… :slight_smile:

Thanks again.

Jodi

Increase your linesize in the environment variables at the top of the script

i.e.

set linesize 250

or something larger to accomodate the length of your data line.

see excerpt from link below. Best regards and good luck, let me know if you
need any more help.

Gene

Wow guys, really??? It took me all but 3 minutes of searching through toad options to find her answer. 3 years later, in case anyone ELSE needs this, I have version 9 and 10 and it’s the same for both.

Go to Toad Options>Execute/Compile>Login Scripts. glogin.sql should be defaulting to your sqlplus editor login file. click it’s edit button and enter SET LINESIZE 1000 (or whatever width) there. Save that file, click apply and Ok. Changes are immediate. I would imagie that if, for whatever reason, that file is not there, then you could create a login file in toads working folder and use the OTHER edit button in like manner. Just wow

Is there a way to get around the 2000 linesize maximum limit in Toad? We have a large dashboard that requires a 2500 linesize max that we run with SQL Plus, but my coworker’s older machine with SQL Plus is being upgraded soon, and we will not have access to SQL Plus to run our batch jobs. I can manually run our script with the SQL Plus feature on our Toad, but we would like to keep it automated so we can run it overnight.

Thanks.

Mike

Why not use the Quest Script Runner (part of Toad). It’s our lightweight editor minus like 80% of features that’s perfect for running scripts - and it supports like 99% of SQL Plus scripting syntax.

I’m not sure there is a technical reason for it but I can take a look and see if there’s a little magic left in my hat

From: Bert Scalzo [mailto:bounce-Bert_Scalzo@toadworld.com]

Sent: Wednesday, January 22, 2014 1:33 PM

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Formatting Script Output

RE: Formatting Script Output

Reply by Bert Scalzo

Why not use the Quest Script Runner (part of Toad). It’s our lightweight editor minus like 80% of features that’s perfect for running scripts - and it supports like 99% of SQL Plus scripting
syntax.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

I use Toad for several overnight batch jobs but it will not allow a linesize of over 2000. I can manually run a script with a linesize of 2500 using the Execute via SQL*Plus in Toad, but it will not run automatically when the sql file is called from a script.