Generate DDL Extract for SQL2K8 databases

I am trying to generate the complete schema DDL for a set of SQL2K8 databases using TOAD for SQL Server 6.0.0.323. I have all the options checked to export everything. Some are successful, however some are not. The ones that are not fail with the error “Can’t find current parent for object!”.

I can’t find any additional information other than that generic error message

Has anyone experienced this issue? Any recommendations on what I can do to resolve this?

Hi,

can you please send us Schema Compare snapshot file so we can take a look? You can create it from corresponding context menu item on a database.

You can send it to me directly - see email in profile.

Thanks a lot for the snapshot! We identified and fixed the issue. Fix will be available in the next 6.1 beta build.

The reason was in Synonyms - for right now you can remove them from the scope to be able generate script for the rest items.

Awesome. Thank you very much!

From: Alexander.Maximov [mailto:bounce-AlexanderMaximov@toadworld.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 17, 2013 5:35 AM
To: toadss@toadworld.com
Subject: RE: [Toad for SQL Server - Discussion Forum] Generate DDL Extract for SQL2K8 databases

RE: Generate DDL Extract for SQL2K8 databases

Reply by Alexander.Maximov

Thanks a lot for the snapshot! We identified and fixed the issue. Fix will be available in the next 6.1 beta build.

The reason was in Synonyms - for right now you can remove them from the scope to be able generate script for the rest items.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.
Or Unsubscribe from Toad for SQL Server - General notifications altogether.
Toad for SQL Server - Discussion Forum

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

Hi,

Could you please send us Schema Compare snapshot again? we have fixed this issue, but need to do validation before post new version, unfortunately, previous file you sent to us is not available for some reason, please send to me again if it is convenient: cindy.sang@quest.com, thanks for your support

I have sent it to your internal email address, thank you very much.

I have received it, thank you very much