GPF when try to debug a stored procedure - Toad for SQL Server 6.7.0.176

Last official release of TOAD 6.7.0.176.

I connect to my SQL Server 2012 with service pack 3 developer edition.

I try to debug a stored procedure that contains UDT.

I obtain a GPF.

See my scrennshot in attach for details :

I stay tune from your consideration,

Best regards,

Sergio

Hello ?

Is anybody there ?

Best regards,

Sergio

Hello Sergio,

I don’t think this is a General Protection Fault. Looks to me as though one of the two parameters being passed to the System.Data.SqlClient.SqlParameter.Validate() method, isn’t what it should be. I’m guessing this is coming from some ASP.NET app, can you share a code snippet from the relevant location in your code?

Hello Rod,

many thank’s for your answer.

This is the code of the Stored procedure that generate the problem.

/****** Object: User-Defined Data Type [dbo].[T_Data] Script Date: 18/08/2016 23:15:12 ******/
CREATE TYPE [dbo].[T_Data] FROM smalldatetime NOT NULL;
GO

/****** Object: User-Defined Data Type [dbo].[T_Conta] Script Date: 18/08/2016 23:15:13 ******/
CREATE TYPE [dbo].[T_Conta] FROM decimal(3, 0) NOT NULL;
GO

/****** Object: User-Defined Data Type [dbo].[T_Secondi] Script Date: 18/08/2016 23:15:13 ******/
CREATE TYPE [dbo].[T_Secondi] FROM bigint NOT NULL;
GO

SET ANSI_NULLS ON;
GO
SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON;
GO

CREATE PROCEDURE [dbo].[SpRiskedula]
@DataInizio [dbo].[T_Data], @NumeroGiorniLavest [dbo].[T_Conta] = 5, @Recupero [dbo].[T_Secondi] = 7200
WITH EXEC AS CALLER
AS

UPDATE SkMacchine
SET Datadisp = @DataInizio

UPDATE SkOperazioni
SET Nrmacc = 0, Estratto = ’ ', Priorita = 0.0, Inizio = @DataInizio, InizioLav = NULL, Fine = NULL, Attesa = 0, Fermo = 0,
Recupero = 0

UPDATE SkOperazioni
SET estratto = ‘1’
WHERE sequenza = 1

UPDATE Skoperazioni
SET secondi = (SELECT 3 * 28800 * @NumeroGiorniLavest
FROM SkMacchine
WHERE Skoperazioni.Cdmacc = SkMacchine.cdmacc AND SkMacchine.NrMacc = 1)
WHERE CDREP = ‘ES’

UPDATE Skoperazioni
SET afinire = (SELECT sum(secondi)
FROM Skoperazioni B
WHERE Skoperazioni.Cdcommessa = B.cdcommessa AND Skoperazioni.sequenza <= B.sequenza)

EXECUTE dbo.SpRecupero @tempo = @Recupero

UPDATE skoperazioni
SET PrioritaRCommessa = (SELECT PrioritaCommessa
FROM skCommesse
WHERE CdCommessa = commessa)

EXECUTE dbo.spPrioritaComava0
GO

When I select debug - I obtain the GPF , without do nothing.

Best regards,

Sergio

Oh I understand why you called it a GPF.

Thank you for the code you shared. But I don’t think it covers what I was talking about. It really looks to me like the ArgumentExceptiion is coming from some client-side code. Like a data validator control in an ASP.NET WebForms app. That would throw that type of exception. What application is it that’s throwing this exception?

Hi Rod,

many thank’s for your interesting…

Nothing for the code…

I must to connect to SQL Server DB that use these stored procedure and when I connect it with TOAD 6.7 official release and debug the stored procedure to understand how it works I obtain a GPF/error/exception in TOAD 6.7 and I can’t debug it.

I want use TOAD 6.7 to debug the stored procedure.

That’s all.

Why TOAD can’t debug it to me ?

It’s not normal…

Best regards,

Sergio

Oh! I see! I’m sorry, I can’t help you then. I’ve no idea why TOAD would be doing that.

Sorry I couldn’t help more.

Hi Rod,

no problem. I appreciate too much your intention to help me.

I hope someone in Dell can help me for the problem.

Best regards,

Sergio

Hi Sergio,

I have notified R&D so they can take a look. Is there anyway you could also open a support ticket? We will need the supporting information.

Thank you

Kathy Gibbs

Product Manager, Toad For SQL Server and Benchmark Factor

Dell | Dell Software

mobile +1 303 882 3755

kathy_gibbs@dell.com

Hello Kathy,

many thank's for your help and support.

Is there anyway you could also open a support ticket?

Can you tell me how can I open a support ticket ?

If you want more information about my problem I'm vwry happy to help you to solve the problem...

I stay tune for your answer,

Best regards,

Sergio

Hi Sergio

If you go to https://support.quest.com/ there is a place for you to contact support from there.

Kathy

Hi Kathy,

I remember that I’ve created a post in April 2016. TOAD for SQL Server Beta forum.

This is the link : http://www.toadworld.com/products/toad-for-sql-server/toad_for_sql_server_beta_program/f/87/t/29955

The problem is exactly the same.

As you can read your colleague Kelly Chen open a case TSS-1216.

At this point I think the problem is already passed to developer and I probably is not necessary contact support team.

What’s do you think of this ?

I stay tune for your answer.

Best regards,

Sergio

Hi Kathy,

I download last beta version of TOAD SS 6.8.0.249 and the problemi is still present.

Can you tell me more about this bug/problem ?

I stay tune for your consideration.

Best regards,

Sergio

Hi Sergio

I will take a look on the status of your ticket.

I know that the developer that was working on your case is ion holiday. I will see if I can get some other eyes on it if just to give me an update.

Kathy

Hi Sergio

I looked up this ticket and it is still open as a high priority, it just didn’t make it into the beta release.

I will get the status of it and someone will get back with you. It may be about a week though because of holidays.

Kathy

Hi Kathy,

many thank’s for your support.

I consider this bug very important.

I have a lots of DB’s with UDT in type of metadatas and I can’t debug the stored procedure where this fields was used.

Best regards,

Sergio

Hi Kathy,

last Toad for SQL Server Beta 6.8.0.301 (64 bit) and the issue is still present.

Best regards,

Sergio

Thank you for your answer. It is clear and useful just like this Essay thinker review. Great review of the great writing service.

Last beta version of Toad for SQL Server Beta 6.8.0.636 (32 bit) and for me the problem was solved.

Best regards,

Sergio