Toad World® Forums

Grouping facility on Category

Hi

I am wondering if it is possible to have a features that all us to select all the tables / views which belong to the same category, so that we could place the in certain area. or if it is possible to allow auto layout for the specific category. It could make it easier if you would like to group the tables/ views together, rather than drag it one by one and re-layout it again. At the moment, I Would like to put tables which belong to some group in certain area, which make it easier for me to link them up. For some individual table, after we click on auto-layout, although they belong to the same category, they will spread out any where on the work space.

Please let me know if you want me to explain more

Many thanks

Chi

Hello Chi,

Unfortunately, there’s no such feature in the Beta. I’m afraid, you have to make the selection and drag the objects manually.
Nevertheless, we will consider this request - CR # 33 452.
Thanks!

Regards,

Vladka

Hi Vladka

I am wondering if we are not able to put VIEWS into Category VIA Category Properties at the moment? If so, I would be grateful, If we are able to use Category Properties to add VIEWs on to Category. At the moment we could add the VIEW into Category VIA View Properties.

Please let me know if you want me to explain more.

Many thanks

Chi

Message was edited by: Chi

Hello Chi,

Thanks for your notification! It’s definitely a bug.

We will fix it. CR # 33 475.

Thanks again!

Regards,

Vladka