How to create a table

I am trying to create a table and it appears that I do but when I try to execute the table I get no results. Are there instructions on how to create a table?

What database type is this on? If Oracle, what is your autocommit settings? The default commit value is off. So this would mean that the table would be created but any data you inserted would not be committed until you requested the commit.

If this is the situation, you can press the commit button at the bottom left of the application. If you prefer to have Autocommit ON, you can change this preference by clicking the words “Auto Commit” and an On/Off option will appear.

Let me know if this did not cover what occurred.

Debbie
Commit.jpeg

I still can't get results of the data in the table once I have created it. I did turn on the AutoCommit and still no luck. I am going to attach some files, maybe you can see what I am doing wrong? fyi...I could only attach 2 of the 4 files I have, but basically I tried to run the Query, the 'Message' tab says Query OK, but no data is pulled.

I still can't get results of the data in the table once I have created it. I did turn on the AutoCommit and still no luck. I am going to attach some files, maybe you can see what I am doing wrong? fyi...I could only attach 2 of the 4 files I have, but basically I tried to run the Query, the 'Message' tab says Query OK, but no data is pulled.

There are severak ways to create tables with data. From the query builder follow these steps.

1. Build your query that you want your table to be based on.
  2. Change the SQL type to "Create Table as Statement"
  3. Run the Query. A bind variable window will appear. You need to enter the name of the table. By default it will be created in the schema that you are logged onto. If you want it created in another schema include the schema with the table name. IE: schemaA.NewTableName
  4. After the query is run, go to the object explorer on the left and select the schema and table objects. Right click and request "Refresh Item". This will refresh the list of tables.
  5. The new table will be displayed in the list. Double click on the table. It will bring up a database explorer window with the first tab defining the columns. The second tab, (Data) will display the data in the table.

You can also create table from the Create menu and then insert data into it. However, I believe the above is the easiest for you.

Debbie

Was able to figure this out during On-site training.

Excellent. If I remember correctly we could only make the table in your schema and we had to schema reference it.

Debbie