How to Import Toad configurations (environments, code format, options, etc.) from disk (without OS)

Good day,
I can no longer turn on my laptop. The operating system is dead.

The Support area has been able to recover a large part of my disk (the Operating System has been lost).

I'm going to have to install a new TOAD on a new computer.
I would like you to guide me to pass my configurations and customizations (environments, code formatting, options, etc) of the Toad that is in the rescued disk.

I hope I have explained well.
Thanks

Dev team will most likely give more detailed guidance, but one of the first things you should do is to copy over from the recovered disk the USER FILES directory
(
for the latest version of Toad, would be something like
C:\Program Files\Quest Software\Toad for Oracle 2022 R1 Edition\Toad for Oracle 15.1\ClientFiles\User Files,
)
which contains most of Toad's config, etc. files.

Even better if you happened by chance to have used previously in your old Toad the "Copy User Settings" facility (from the Utilities pull down menu) to create a .zip file of your Toad settings that would have been created from that user settings export.

Assuming you have either the .zip file, or have recovered the USER FILES folder somewhere, you can use the Copy User Settings utility to import either one into your new Toad install.

Hope this helps.

Thank you very much Gary for answering.
I'll take note of the "USER FILES" directory.

Good day !

On my old drive I have 3 versions installed:
Toad for Oracle 14.2
Toad for Oracle 15.0
Toad for Oracle 15.1

I copied the "User Files" folder from the "Toad for Oracle 15.1" folder to my new disk with the new installation as indicated and it continues as if it was a fresh installation.

Carry out the same procedure for the other folders without obtaining results.

I would appreciate it if you could give me some guidance.
Thanks

Carlos,

1. Install Toad on the new PC
  2. Run Toad at least once
  3. Close Toad
  4. delete or rename the User Files folder on the new PC
  5. copy the User Files folder from the old PC to the new, into the location from step 4.

-John

Good day,

I found the problem by chance.

It's about the route.

Correct path:
C:\Users\desarrollo**AppData\Roamin**g\Quest Software\Toad for Oracle\15.1\User Files

I was able to restore without problems.
Thanks