How to scan for changes between Oracle and Team Foundation, all objects.

Is there anyway to scan for missing objects between an Oracle schema and the related branch in Team Foundation? I have dropped some views using Toad and they are gone from Oracle and no longer show in the Team Coding Manager window but they were not removed from the Team Foundation branch. How can scan for objects in TFS that no longer exist in Oracle or the reverse, objects in Oracle that need to be added to TFS. Something that can be run as a nightly batch would be best.

Which version of Toad are you running?

Sent: Wednesday, August 03, 2016 3:15 PM

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] How to scan for changes between Oracle and Team Foundation, all objects.

How to scan for changes between Oracle and Team Foundation, all objects.

Thread created by John D

Is there anyway to scan for missing objects between an Oracle schema and the related branch in Team Foundation? I have dropped some views using Toad and they are gone from Oracle and no longer show in the Team Coding Manager window but they were not removed from the Team Foundation branch. How can scan for objects in TFS that no longer exist in Oracle or the reverse, objects in Oracle that need to be added to TFS. Something that can be run as a nightly batch would be best.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle Forum
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

12.9 against TFS2010, I have experience as a .Net developer and Java developer so a coding solution would also be acceptable. That’s what I am looking into right now but the TFS API is not user friendly :slight_smile:

1. Go into Team Coding Configuration window and select the Team Projects node on the left and select a team project on the right.

2. In the toolbar above, click “Compare and Syncronize”

3. Once you login to your VCS you will be asked which direction you want to compare and sync. In your case, you will want to choose “Compile objects in database”

Toad will go in and find any procedures/functions/packages/views/types that are in your VCS but missing or different from your DB then ask you if you want to compile them in the DB

Sent: Thursday, August 04, 2016 3:17 PM

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] How to scan for changes between Oracle and Team Foundation, all objects.

RE: How to scan for changes between Oracle and Team Foundation, all objects.

Reply by John D

12.9 against TFS2010

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle Forum
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Brad, thanks for the quick response but I don’t think that’ what I was looking for. I found the compare and synchronize functions but neither of the options, Create New Revision or Compile in Database, showed the list of objects deleted from Oracle that still existed in TFS. I will work with them some more and see if they can be ‘persuaded’ to provide a discrepancies list.