Toad Team Code Codding - Error Checking Out File from TFS, but Works in Toad

Hello,

I have an issue with Toad Team Coding that I was hoping a fellow forum member would have some advice on.

We have TOAD version 12.0.0.61 and Team Coding version 7.0 is installed.

TFS and Team Coding is new to our department and I am attempting to set up a sample for the first time. The issue is that when I use Toad and Check out an object (a Procedure, for example), it checks it out in Toad and shows as Checked out in the VCS Dashboard, but an error occured when Checking it out from the VCS (in our case, TFS 2012).

After checking it out in Toad, it, of course, does not show as locked in TFS. When checking in the file using Toad, the file does correctly create a changeset for the modified file in TFS and does, indeed show the changes if viewing the file in TFS.

The issue is that an error occured during check out from TFS and I was wondering if anyone had any advice on what may be happening or what to look for. The error statement from the Toad Output window is below:

15:59:00 Error: Error checking out file: C:_ORACLE_TFS_REPOSITORY\Project X\Development\Release 2.0\Database_Source\ORACLE_PROJECTX/PROCEDURES\PROJECTX.LDL_X_LOAD_PRGRM_SP.PRC.

I am not sure if the ‘odd’ direction of the slash in the path (between ORACLE_PROJECTX and PROCEDURES) listed in the error is the cause or if it is something else. The concatenation of the path doesn’t appear to be something I can control.

Notes:
Visual Studio/TFS:
I have my Active Workspace defined as: ‘C:_ORACLE_TFS_REPOSITORY\Project X\Development\Release 2.0\Database_Source’.

Toad - Team Coding:
1.) Using ‘Procedures’ as an example, I have highlighted each of them from the Schema Browser and then Right-Clicked…Create Script to save each object to the C Drive Local Directories.
2.) I repeated this for the other object types.
3.) Using ‘Procedures’ as an example, I have set up a code colection as follows:
Collection Name: ORACLE_PROJECTX_PROCEDURES
Collection Type: Database
VCS Project: $/Project X/Development/Release 2.0/Database_Source/ORACLE_PROJECTX/PROCEDURES
Local Folder: C:_ORACLE_TFS_REPOSITORY\Project X\Development\Release 2.0\Database_Source\PROJECTX_PROCEDURES
Schema: PROJECTX
Object Type: Procedure
Object Mask: PJX_%

Thanks in advance for any help or advice you can provide. I have listed everything I could, but if you have any other questions or need other info, let me know.

Thanks,
Brian

Hello,

The forward slash is the likely issue, as you have suggested. There is an old CR in for this issue, which I believe should be resolved. It may be fixed in Toad

Unfortunately I have not been able to re-create as you described (using 12.0 an 12.1).

I re-created the project / working folder setup you describes. I tried 2 different workspace setups. In the first I mapped the project ORACLE_PROJECTX\PROCEDURES
directly to the : C:_ORACLE_TFS_REPOSITORY\Project X\Development\Release 2.0\Database_Source\PROJECTX_PROCEDURES

Folder. In the second I simply mapped the root $/ to the C:_ORACLE_TFS_REPOSITORY\Project X\Development\Release 2.0\Database_Source. In both cases I was able to check out/in
correctly from Toad.

Stephen

From: ToadDev44035 [mailto:bounce-ToadDev44035@toadworld.com]

Sent: Tuesday, February 25, 2014 5:47 PM

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Toad Team Code Codding - Error Checking Out File from TFS, but Works in Toad

Toad Team Code Codding - Error Checking Out File from TFS, but Works in Toad

Thread created by ToadDev44035

Hello,

I have an issue with Toad Team Coding that I was hoping a fellow forum member would have some advice on.

We have TOAD version 12.0.0.61 and Team Coding version 7.0 is installed.

TFS and Team Coding is new to our department and I am attempting to set up a sample for the first time. The issue is that when I use Toad and Check out an object (a Procedure, for example),
it checks it out in Toad and shows as Checked out in the VCS Dashboard, but an error occured when Checking it out from the VCS (in our case, TFS 2012).

After checking it out in Toad, it, of course, does not show as locked in TFS. When checking in the file using Toad, the file does correctly create a changeset for the modified file in TFS and
does, indeed show the changes if viewing the file in TFS.

The issue is that an error occured during check out from TFS and I was wondering if anyone had any advice on what may be happening or what to look for. The error statement from the Toad Output
window is below:

15:59:00 Error: Error checking out file: C:_ORACLE_TFS_REPOSITORY\Project X\Development\Release 2.0\Database_Source\ORACLE_PROJECTX/PROCEDURES\PROJECTX.LDL_X_LOAD_PRGRM_SP.PRC.

I am not sure if the ‘odd’ direction of the slash in the path (between ORACLE_PROJECTX and PROCEDURES) listed in the error is the cause or if it is something else. The concatenation of the
path doesn’t appear to be something I can control.

Notes:

Visual Studio/TFS:

I have my Active Workspace defined as:  'C:\_ORACLE_TFS_REPOSITORY\Project X\Development\Release 2.0\Database_Source'.

Toad - Team Coding:

1.) Using 'Procedures' as an example, I have highlighted each of them from the Schema Browser and then Right-Clicked...Create Script to save each object to the C Drive Local Directories.

2.) I repeated this for the other object types.

3.) Using 'Procedures' as an example, I have set up a code colection as follows:

Collection Name:       ORACLE_PROJECTX_PROCEDURES

Collection Type:       Database

VCS Project:           $/Project X/Development/Release 2.0/Database_Source/ORACLE_PROJECTX/PROCEDURES

Local Folder:          C:\_ORACLE_TFS_REPOSITORY\Project X\Development\Release 2.0\Database_Source\PROJECTX_PROCEDURES

Schema:                PROJECTX

Object Type:           Procedure

Object Mask:           PJX_%

Thanks in advance for any help or advice you can provide. I have listed everything I could, but if you have any other questions or need other info, let me know.

Thanks,

Brian

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Thanks Stephen for trying to recreate the issue in both Toad versions. I really appreciate your time. Since it worked ok for you on Version 12.0, I may try later today to drop everything from those directories in TFS, recreate the workspace, and sync the objects back into TFS to see if there was something corrupt during my original set up.

Since it is physically saving the checked-in versions in TFS, I am ok for a few hours while I work out the next piece - how to get the new object versions (compiled in Dev) from the TFS server into our Oracle Test environment. So I am trying to write a Powershell script (which is also new to me) that will find the changed objects checked into the TFS server and either stage them loccally where I can FTP them to the Oracle Server or FTP them directly from TFS to the Oracle server. Once on the Oracle server, we have a scripting process that will compile them.