How to show conumns TIMESTAMP values in raw format (exemple like: 1393628400000) ?

Hello,

Please how to paremeter Toad for DB2 (Tools -> Options -> Environement -> Grid -> DataTypeFormating -> Custom) to show timestamp column in raw timestamp value (exemple: 1393628400000) ? Or how to show this value anywhere in Toad for my selected cell?

I cannot find anything about this.

Thanks you very much!

I am not exactly sure what you are asking about. But if you are looking for displaying Timestamp columns in ISO format you can do so via:

If that is not what you are after, please explain what and why you are after another format.

Thanks

Jeff

Thanks you very much for response. I would to show my timestamp in UNIX format (epoch since 1970). Value is in format like 1393628400000 miliseconds after 01-01-1970.

(display UNIX format in Toad can be useful for comparing value in DB with my value in Java debugger). Comparing raw timestamp values is more direct and assure me not to have conversion TimeZone/UTC…

(On your screenshot, I see Custom option). How to use it. Is there any feature to show UNIX format?

Hi,

Custom option serves for custom formatting of DateTime when the predefined formats are not sutiable for you.

For available format specifiers see: msdn.microsoft.com/…/8kb3ddd4(v=vs.110).aspx

As far as I know, there is no way how to use formatting to end up with UNIX format of datetime,

This could be a good candidate for an enhancement, so please feel free to use our Idea Pond.

Zdenek