Toad World® Forums

Timestamp data is showing date portion alone in toad for data analyst

I am using toad for data analyst to connect oracle db server, And my data in oracle is with timestamp (08/18/2015 01:15:21) but when i query that table, output is showing date portion alone (08/18/2015), Please help is there any properties need to change in toad analyst tool ?

To Ramesh.sadhu21:

Thank you for posting in Toad World!

I regret I am unable to reproduce your issue.

Attempt to reproduce

1. Launch Toad Data Point (I used 3.7.1.1013)
  2. Connect to Oracle Server (I used 32-bit and 64-bit connection types for server versions 11.1.0.6 & 11.2.0.3) (My Oracle Client is 11.2.0.1.0)
  3. Execute a query to exercise TimeStamp types: “SELECT DATETIME_COL as mycol, DATETIME_ZONE_COL as mycol2, DATETIME_LOCALZONE_COL as lak FROM QUEST_DEV.DATETIMETABLE”
    CannotReproduce.png
    To better assist you, we humbly request the following information:
  • Your Toad Data Point Version Number
  • Your Oracle Server Version Number
  • Your Oracle Client Version Number
  • A specific SQL which reproduces the issue.
    We look forward to your data.

Software Developer I,

• Joshua Liong

Have you output the data to a text or csv file? The time portion could be there and just not displayed in Toad.

Hi My toad version is 2.6 and my peers are able to see the data with timestamp (timestamp columns) . but it is not showing in my toad. This is not for any specific query. all the columns (timestamp columns) are sowing only data (for all the tables). Do I need to change any properties.

And I tried exporting into csv file but no luck still it is showing on date .

Ex : My oracle data is 08/26/2015 01:25:55

it is showing toad as 08/26/2015. Please suggest me .

Hi Greg.

My toad version is 2.6 and my peers are able to see the data with timestamp (timestamp columns) . but it is not showing in my toad client. This is not for any specific query or specific table . All the timestamp columns are sowing only date (for all the tables). Do I need to change any properties.

And I tried exporting into csv file but no luck still it is showing on date .

Ex : My oracle data is 08/26/2015 01:25:55

it is showing toad as 08/26/2015. Please suggest me .

Try going into Tools/Options/Environment/Grid and check the DateTime formating on the upper right side. I am on 3.7 so yours may be a little different. Its been a long time since I was on 2.6.

7522.Capture.jpeg

Also try: select getdate() testDt and see what you get. (replace getdate() with sysdate for Oracle or currentdate for ODBC).