Import data from a TEXT UNICODE FILE

Hello.

I like to import data from a text unicode file where there is a field with unicode characteres (characteres from other languages), into a table with a NVARCHAR2 field due to I like to record this unicode characters in this file.

The problem it is when the import process finished I lost all the characters that are not in my language character set. These characters appears like ???.

Is there any solution for my problem?

Sorry for my english , I’m hot a native speaker.

Thanks.

1. what version of Toad are you using? Toad 9.7 and older does not support Unicode.

2. Does your NLS_NCHAR_CHARACTERSET support the language that you are trying to insert?

3. When you imported, you used Toad’s import table data wizard, not insert statements with literal values, is that right? If you are using insert statements, read this about how to set NLS_LANG properly: http://www.toadworld.com/products/toad-for-oracle/f/10/p/10450/29189#29189

Hello .

I’m using 11.6 Toad Version.

I’m using AL16UTF16 for NLS_NCHAR_CHARACTERSET, I thing this charset can represent all characters.

I import table data with table data wizard and I don’t useinsert statements with literal values.

Thanks