Inconsistent date/time format in Session Browser

On the Session Browser - Current Statement tab - Information tab, the date/time formats for various fields are inconsistent. The First Load Time and Last Load Time show as ‘2016-08-30/14:17:43’ while the Last Active Time shows ‘8/30/2016 2:17:44 PM’

It would be nice to have these in the same format if you get a moment and want something quick and easy to fix. :slight_smile:

Blessings,

Phyllis

Phyllis Helton

Data Magician
Digital Products & Strategies, Cru | Data Sciences & Analytics
Office :phone: 407-515-4452

phyllis.helton@cru.org

Hi Phyllis!

I agree, it would be nice if they were consistent. These values come from the V$SQL view. Unfortunately, FIRST_LOAD_TIME and LAST_LOAD_TIME are VARCHAR2 columns, so Oracle is in control of the format. LAST_ACTIVE_TIME is a DATE column, so for that one, the format is controlled by your options in Toad.

Ah, that makes sense - at least your part of it. Why Oracle would create those two date fields as varchars and not dates doesn't necessarily. :slight_smile:

Thank you for explaining. Looks like I'll just deal with it and try to remember not to report it again in the future. I would hate to start seeing all my dates in the format that they use in the varchars.

On Tue, Aug 30, 2016 at 2:37 PM, John Dorlon bounce-jdorlon@toadworld.com wrote:

RE: Inconsistent date/time format in Session Browser

Reply by John Dorlon
Hi Phyllis!

I agree, it would be nice if they were consistent. These values come from the V$SQL view. Unfortunately, FIRST_LOAD_TIME and LAST_LOAD_TIME are VARCHAR2 columns, so Oracle is in control of the format. LAST_ACTIVE_TIME is a DATE column, so for that one, the format is controlled by your options in Toad.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta Forum notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

--
Phyllis Helton

Data Magician

phyllis.helton@cru.org

I’ll try to take their format and turn it into a date type, then format it like other dates in Toad. If it doesn’t work then I can just leave Oracle’s format in there.

Thanks John!!

On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 9:08 AM, John Dorlon bounce-jdorlon@toadworld.com wrote:

RE: Inconsistent date/time format in Session Browser

Reply by John Dorlon
I'll try to take their format and turn it into a date type, then format it like other dates in Toad. If it doesn't work then I can just leave Oracle's format in there.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta Forum notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

--
Phyllis Helton

Data Magician

phyllis.helton@cru.org