Toad World® Forums

Insert Column Values in an Email as a Table

Hey all… Not even sure if TDP can do this. But, I would like to include in the email body a table of column values. For example:

Hi,

Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. The values are:

Col_1 Col_2
ABC 123
ZXY 123
DEF 456

Thanks.

Is this possible? If so, how? If not, any workaround, other than attaching Excel/CSV file?

Thanks.

Yes, you can do this. Use seledt to file to export your data to csv. Then use a form letter with some tokens like below. Using Find and Replace find the

token and replace with contents of csv file.

Dear ,

Here is Order number <Order_Id>. This order contains the following items.

Sincerely,

ABC Company

One more thing… How can I dynamically insert values for and <Order_Id>?

I tried using Find/Replace along with Set Variable but it did not work. I am using HTML as the body for the email.

That I am not sure of. You can easily export a result set to html from the select to file. You can also edit that file using find and replace. But I am not sure how to insert a data set into html or build the table itself.

I was able to figure out how to insert and <Order_Id> along with the

from an HTML file inside an HTML email body. It was a bit tricky, but worked just fine. :slight_smile:

Cool. Can you share with us how you did it?

Please find attached How-To picture guide

.[View:~/cfs-file.ashx/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/36/custom-variables-in-HTML-email-body.pdf:550:0]

That is very cool! Now I am learning somethingJ

Thanks, for sharing.

Debbie

Sent: Wednesday, September 04, 2013 11:03 AM

To: toaddatapoint@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad Data Point - Discussion Forum] Insert Column Values in an Email as a Table

RE: Insert Column Values in an Email as a Table

Reply by TDP_OWL

Please find attached How-To picture guide

. custom
variables in HTML email body.pdf

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad Data Point - General
notifications altogether.

Toad Data Point - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.