Intelligence Central automation hangs after populating Excel file with macro

I have several automations published on TIC currently. Most follow the process of running one or more queries, export the data to a single Excel file, then call an Excel macro within that file which further summarizes the data and sends out an email (using CDO messaging). To date, all of the other automations of this type have worked successfully.

This latest one, however, starts the update process by running three queries, and exporting the data to the Excel file. This works fine. Then the process does not move forward - the excel file is left open indefinitely (I have to end the Excel process with the Task Manager) - it does not appear that the macro is ever initiated, as even the first statement is not executed.

This same automation has worked fine many times when I run it on my desktop, but operates as noted above when published to TIC.

Any ideas?

Sounds like we have an issue running macros on TIC. Can you post your macro enabled excel file or email to me. I will need to enter an issue ticket and get this fixed.

I entered QAT-6508 for this. It still would be nice to have a copy of your file.

Debbie,

It looks like this issue can be closed. It appears that the problem was the reference of a file name within the Excel macro. The file name used a mapped drive designation (“S:\”) rather than the universal naming convention (UNC) designation. When I switched the file name to the UNC coding, the macro seemed to proceed as expected.

I can still send you a copy of the macro if you need it, but I think this one can be closed without consuming any more of your time.

Thanks. Jeff.

From: Debbie Peabody [mailto:bounce-Debbie_Peabody@toadworld.com]

Sent: Tuesday, November 17, 2015 6:56 PM

To: toadintelligencecentral@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad Intelligence Central - General Discussion] Intelligence Central automation hangs after populating Excel file with macro

RE: Intelligence Central automation hangs after populating Excel file with macro

Reply by Debbie Peabody

I entered QAT-6508 for this. It still would be nice to have a copy of your file.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad Intelligence Central - General
notifications altogether.

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Okay. Sounds good.

Hi Debby… I know this is an old thread. I got here from searching for a similar issue I am having. The issue is that I published a sctript and in the process of doing that it prompted that the export network drive will be changed UNC. I accepted that but I have not been able to run the script. I t clocks for a long time until i manually cancell it. Howeever, if I publish a script that exports to my local machine, no issues. What are my missing here? I am new to TIC and Testing it out with a trial license to see if it will help in schedulling automated reports.

Any help will be appreciated!!

Chris