Toad World® Forums

Is there a way to add the Oracle table comments to the Entity Relationship Diagram

I’d like to be able to see the Table comments included in the ER Diagram. We use them as well as the column comments.

Are you looking to have the comments displayed alongside the objects when viewing the data model?

I don’t care… Maybe in a box outside the table and column information or inside. I have a requirement to get this on the diagram somewhere close to the table and column information. Thanks…

Sure. There is a macro available for download here which does exactly that. The macro only takes a few minutes to install and I just tested it with the latest version of TDM. Let me know if you have any problems.

Thanks… I will test it this afternoon….

Just because I am curious. Do you work for Dell?

I am asking because I opened a case with them and they responded that this could not be done.

From: Kevin Stern [mailto:bounce-KevinStern@toadworld.com]

Sent: Monday, September 16, 2013 12:31 PM

To: tdmscript@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad Data Modeler - Scripting & Customizations Discussion Forum] Is there a way to add the Oracle table comments to the Entity Relationship Diagram

RE: Is there a way to add the Oracle table comments
to the Entity Relationship Diagram

Reply by Kevin Stern

Sure. There is a macro available for download

here
which does exactly that. The macro only takes a few minutes to install and I just tested it with the latest version of TDM. Let me know if you have any problems.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad Data Modeler - Scripting & Customizations
notifications altogether.

Toad Data Modeler - Scripting & Customizations Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Yes I do work for Dell - I am the Product Manager for Toad Data Modeler. Since this is a customization and not a standard product feature the support staff may not have been aware that this solution exists. I apologize for the inconvenience and I’ll follow up with support to let them know about these solutions.

Hi Kevin… This fix worked for me … thanks so much…