Is there any way to organize or group schemas inside an instance?

Hello,
I'm using TOad and Oracle 11g.

I have a lot of shemas inside an instance... How to organize them with TOAD?

What I see in the Schema dropdownlist is a long list of schemas which could be difficult to manage if number of schemas grows up... For example, I'd like to group
Schema_1, Schema_2 and Schema_3 in something like Group_1, so it could
be seen more organized.

Group_1
Schema_1
Schema_2
Schema_3

Sometimes a java or .net application uses 3 or 4 schemas... these
schemas are in the same instance which has other schemas for other
applications.

I tried Oracle Users List option, which is good, but can't categorize or group a bunch of schemas in one folder.

I tried Toad Project Manager option, but don't like it because:

• It uses a lot space at screen
  • I have to connect with password to each node every time, can't stay connected to all nodes at the same time.

No way to do it in Toad 10 schema browswer. I haven’t seen the 11 beta so maybe something in there. Only thing you can do is filter out schemas that don’t own objects.

The Project Manager window can be set to hide or pinned open so it doesn’t need to take up real estate when you’re not using it. If your goal is to use it as an alternative to the schema browser it can be done, but you end up double clicking on objects and using the object popup windows. Or else you right click on an object and use the Find in schema browser option, after which you could hide/unpin the project manager to get back the screen real estate.

Not sure what you’re talking about with the passwords/connections. Toad manages your connections separately from the project manager. It will connect upon first use or reuse open connections. The project manager just utilizes whatever is open or opens a new connection when you try to access an object in a schema you don’t already have an open connection for. Once you have a connection open it stays open until you choose to close it.

[ Attachment(s) from John Dorlon included below]

Toad 11 will let you organize your schemas however you like within the schema
dropdowns throughout Toad. See attachment.

Nice feature!

On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 9:43 AM, John Dorlon wrote:

[ Attachment(s) from John Dorlon included below]

Toad 11 will let you organize your schemas however you like within the
schema dropdowns throughout Toad.  See attachment.