Issue with RDB using ODBC connection

Hi all,

We have been told by Quest Support that this Beta release contains fixes for the RDBODBC connection - CR43850.

As such we downloaded Toad for Data Analysis for 2.0.0.167 Open Beta, installed it and try the connecting to RDB via ODBC but it did not work. We got the error message attached in TOAD.

We know that the ODBC Connection works because we have tested it successfully when setting up the ODBC connection and also linked the tables in MS-Access.

The build of the PC I installed TOAD on is a per http://www.toadsoft.com/tda/ToadforDataAnalysisRNv2.0Beta.htm.
and Oracle RDB Driver version 3.02.00.00

Your help is very much appreciated.

Kind regards,Nik

RDBODBCConnection.doc (27 KB)

Hello Nicholas, do you know about the board for beta issues? We have a separate discussion group for the beta releases of Toad for Data Analysis.

I think there was some misunderstanding. We are planning on supporting RDB in the 2.0 release of Toad for Data Analysis. But the support is not yet included into any of our beta releases. When RDB is supported, it will be stated in the release notes.

I apologize for the inconvenience. We are actively working on RDB support.

Jacques,

Thanks for letting me know.

Can you point me to the Beta Forum?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Nik

The support forum for Toad for Data Analysis Beta is available from the following menu option in Toad for Data Analysis (beta build):
Help->Support Forum