I’m on the newest version (6.3)
First of all, would like a way for the function to take into account the “generate” flag on each item and only generate scripts for those.
Comparing model to SQL 2016. I have many extended properties that are set null until we figure out all the values to be populated. When reading extended properties from SQL 2016, modeler doesn’t pick up any of the ones with a NULL value and generates an “addproperty” for all of them which comes back and says “property already exists” when ran. My issues is going to be when I fill in the property in the model, it is going to try to run an “add” when it really needs to do an “update” and the property value will never get set.
I get a LOT of ALTER Table statements to ALTER COLUMN to the datatype and null/not null value that is already present. Tried different settings and was never able to eliminate these.
This is where it gets really bad. Especially with “generates temp tables to preserve data” selected.
- It doesn’t seem to drop all the constraints
- It tries to create a history table with the same name as an existing one.
- It does not copy the history table data to preserve it.
- It does not take into account the file group selected under the Temporal Table Properties/History Table Properties for each table and automatically creates under PRIMARY.
- It seems the script functions are all out of order.
I’ve yet to generate a change script that I didn’t have to spend half my day fixing before it could actually run and even then I had problems.