Issues with playing macros in 12.7.0.38

Hi all,

I am evaluating 'Toad for Oracle 12.7.0.38 32-bit on a 2003 Server workstation. I don’t know if anyone has reported this, but I believe there is a problem with playing macros. Toad allows me to create a macro, but when I try running it, nothing happens. I followed the same steps in 12.6.0.53, and it worked.

Here is how I tested Macros in the Editor:

1.  Started Macro

2.  Copied and pasted a SQL select statement into the editor

3.  Ran the ‘Select’ statement

4.  Stop the macro and gave it a name

5.  Cleared the editor

6.  Clicked on the ‘Macro button, and then clicked on the macro name that I just created

7.  Nothing happened. I expected the SQL statement to be displayed by my new macro.

Seyed Golshani

Could your clipboard buffer be empty? When recording a macro and pasting the action remembered is paste, not the insertion of that particular statement. Between steps 5 and 6 did you do anything else? When I follow those steps I'm seeing the SQL pasted when
running the macro. If I copy some other text after step 5 then step 6 pastes the new clipboard contents.

Michael

On 02/03/2015 09:58 AM, Seyed Golshani wrote:

Issues with playing macros in 12.7.0.38

Thread created by Seyed Golshani
Hi all,

I am evaluating 'Toad for Oracle 12.7.0.38 32-bit on a 2003 Server workstation. I don’t know if anyone has reported this, but I believe there is a problem with playing macros. Toad allows me to create a macro, but when I try running it, nothing happens.
I followed the same steps in 12.6.0.53, and it worked.

Here is how I tested Macros in the Editor:

1.  Started Macro

1.  Copied and pasted a SQL select statement into the editor

1.  Ran the ‘Select’ statement

1.  Stop the macro and gave it a name

1.  Cleared the editor

1.  Clicked on the ‘Macro button, and then clicked on the macro name that I just created

1.  Nothing happened. I expected the SQL statement to be displayed by my new macro.

Seyed Golshani

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Hi Michael

To answer your question, I didn’t do anything else between steps 5 and 6 and I am certain the content of clipboard should have been the SQL script that I had copied. Anyway, just to test this again, I restarted my desktop. I then started Toad for Oracle 12.7.0.38. I started a macro and typed ‘select to_char(sysdate,‘mm/dd/yyyy’) from dual;’ and then stopped and saved the macro. Next, I cleared the edit page and ran the new macro. This select statement got displayed. The two macors from before, don’t do anything, but this new one works. The copying and pasting must have caused this. Should we consider this post resolved?

Thank you,

Seyed

Zip and email me your User Files folder to michael.staszewskiquest.com. I'd like to see what was recorded and how your options are set to look for any bugs. The edit control has native support for macro recording, but Toad interrupts the recording of clipboard operations to handle custom features like copy in RTF format, etc. and then slips in a new record item into the macro. Sounds like there may be a bug there.

Thanks,
Michael

On 02/05/2015 12:34 PM, Seyed Golshani wrote:

RE: Issues with playing macros in 12.7.0.38

Reply by Seyed Golshani
Hi Michael

To answer your question, I didn't do anything else between steps 5 and 6 and I am certain the content of clipboard should have been the SQL script that I had copied. Anyway, just to test this again, I restarted my desktop. I then started Toad for Oracle 12.7.0.38. I started a macro and typed 'select to_char(sysdate,'mm/dd/yyyy') from dual;' and then stopped and saved the macro. Next, I cleared the edit page and ran the new macro. This select statement got displayed. The two macors from before, don't do anything, but this new one works. The copying and pasting must have caused this. Should we consider this post resolved?

Thank you,

Seyed

Or Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta notifications altogether.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

I believe I accidentally stumbled upon the issue. I think it'll be fixed for next beta. Your old macros will be invalidated by the changes though and they'll fail to work. Going forward you should be OK.

On 02/05/2015 12:34 PM, Seyed Golshani wrote:

RE: Issues with playing macros in 12.7.0.38

Reply by Seyed Golshani
Hi Michael

To answer your question, I didn't do anything else between steps 5 and 6 and I am certain the content of clipboard should have been the SQL script that I had copied. Anyway, just to test this again, I restarted my desktop. I then started Toad for Oracle
12.7.0.38. I started a macro and typed 'select to_char(sysdate,'mm/dd/yyyy') from dual;' and then stopped and saved the macro. Next, I cleared the edit page and ran the new macro. This select statement got displayed. The two macors from before, don't do anything,
but this new one works. The copying and pasting must have caused this. Should we consider this post resolved?

Thank you,

Seyed

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta
notifications altogether.

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Hi Michael,

Thank you for the update. I will consider this post as resolved.