List index out of bounds (2) when opening connection dialogue

I ran the 6.3 install as an upgrade from 6.2. My OS is Vista, Oracle client is instantclient 11.1 (referenced in path with location at front). When I click to open the connection dialogue the message displays 'List index out of bounds (2) instead.

I can uninstall 6.3 then re-install 6.2 and the connection dialogue displays and functions normally. I re-install 6.3 and problem persists.

Hi Steve,

You can install 6.2 and 6.3 side by side at the same time. You just need to select a deifferent program folder for the last install one.

It would be great if you can send us the support bundle so that we can investigate the error for you. Could you follow the steps and send us the file?

1. open SQL Navigator 6.2 and log on to a database;
  2. go to Help -> Submit Feedback;
  3. in the “Submit feedback to Quest Software” dialog, click “Save to File”;
  4. save the SupportBundle.dta file to your computer;
  5. attach the file when you reply this thread.

Thanks,
Vincent

Vincent,
Thank you for the prompt response.
Regards,
Steve

Hi Steve,

We did not much success to reproduce this issue here yet, and we are still working on identify what changes in 6.3 introduce the problem in your environment…

We will keep you posted with more updates later.

Thanks and regards,
Bruce

Hi Steve,

We believe that the list index out of bound occurs due to your settings for LDAP in ldap.ora.

We could reproduce your issue here by changing our ldap.ora. In v6.3 we added the support for multiple LDAP.

if we change our string for DIRECTORY_SERVERS= (10.20.26.4:389), we will get exact error as you reported.

In your Oracle Home ldap.ora file, could you please check the DIRECTORY_SERVERS entry to have the following format: host:port[:sslport], ie. including the sslport.

ex: DIRECTORY_SERVERS= (10.20.26.4:389:636)

or you might have multiple LDAP servers:

DIRECTORY_SERVERS= (10.20.26.4:389:636,10.20.26.9:389:636)

In v6.3, our parser could not handle the LDAP without the sslport, please add :636 if you dont have it yet. [:sslport] is optional, we will fix this in v6.5 for you so SQL Naviagator can handle your current environment.

Please let us know if the work around would work for you.

Thanks and regards,
Bruce
Message was edited by: bruceduong - updated ldap.ora

Hi Steve,

Sorry I should have said ldap.ora in my early post.

Thanks,
Bruce

Bruce,
This is to confirm that I can run 6.3 successfully with your recommended change.
Thank you for clear and concise explanation.
Can you provide the planned release date for 6.5?
Regards,
Steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks you for your update.

v6.5 should be available for download in late Nov 10/early Dec 10.

We have just addressed this issue in our current v6.5 code base. We will try to send out the v6.5 Beta build later this month if everything goes smoothly. Much appreciated if you could please check it out in the Beta build to verify if you are happy with the changes.

Thanks and regards,
Bruce

Hi Steve,

Just a quick note to let you know that we had to rebuild the v6.4 binary, and decided to include the changes for this issue with LDAP setting in v6.4.

v6.4 will be available for download from our Support link by end this month. We will send you all another note when v6.4 will be available.

Thanks,
Bruce