multiple model ddl generation bugs.

There are actually two bugs to list here …

1. Under Model > Generate DDL Script, the location of SQL File value is saved with the model. This provides errors when opening the model and attempting to generate the SQL on other machines.

EX: C:\Documents and Settings\shannara\My Documents\Toad Data Modeler\GeneratedScripts\Generated.SQL <-- is the default location on my machine, and since I generated the DDL last, it is saved in the model.

However, when my supervisor tries to generate the DDL, we get errors since the “shannara” user does not exist on his computer …

1. When he tries to use a valid path such as %My Documents%\shannara\My Documents\Toad Data Modeler\GeneratedScripts\Generated.SQL <— The modeler gives off an incorrect error message (stating path not found or some such), yet, still generates the SQL file correctly, and in the correct path.

My question is why not use the environment variable by default %My Documents% instead of a hard coded path that does not exist on machines that did not create the model?

Hello Shannara,

EX: C:\Documents and Settings\shannara\My Documents\Toad Data Modeler\GeneratedScripts\Generated.SQL

This problem has been fixed in latest Beta and for next official release 3.1.5.
Solution: If there is a non-existing path in the Location of SQL File box and you click Generate, the Save as dialog will open automatically. Here, you can specify another location for the generated script.

Note: If you do not save a whole path in box Location of SQL File but only the file name, the path defined in Settings | Options | Paths | File with Generated Script will be used in this case.

My question is why not use the environment variable...
Unfortunately, TDM3 cannot use environment variables or macros at the moment. However, it is planned for any of future TDM3 releases.

If you have any questions, please feel free to write me back. Thanks.

Regards,

Vladka + TDM Team