Building from the Command Line??? Generate DDL script from commandline

Could someone please help me with an easy and simple way of generating DDL sql script from the commandline.

Thanks in advance
Christian

Hello Christian,

If you want to generate the script without opening TDM, I’m sorry, this is not possible.
What is possible:
Use a command line with:

• a parameter that will open TDM and a model,
  • and another parameter that will execute TDM script, which runs DDL script generator and generates SQL code to a file. In any case, TDM will remain open and visible during this action.*

So, at the moment you can only use the command with the parameters. TDM will open, generate script for you and you will have to close it then.

• Note:
    TDM3.exe Open-File -File:Name=“c:\Development\TDM3\Application\Csy\Samples\Videorental.txp” Execute
    -Script -Parameter:ScriptName=CMD,MethodName=RunGeneration,Parame1Name=Videorental -TDM

Other details can be found in the Help file | Index tab | type ‘command line parameters’ | Execute-Script.

Please find attached a user package that contains script CMD that has a function to run the script generator by model name.
Copy the .txg file to location where you store user packages. Default path is:
C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents\Toad Data Modeler\Installation name\Packages{DCB5CB9B-CF65-4350-86B5-285D246FC5AC}

If you have any questions, please write us back. Thanks.

Regards,

Vladka + Daril
Command Line.txg (3.48 KB)

Thanks for speedy reply.

The suggested solution does not work on my computer - I am getting “Error when loading input parameters.” and no generation… The model loads/opens ok.

Furthermore - from your reply it seems that after generation the Toad modeller will continue to run??? As I want it to run as part of an automatic build - I need it to close afterwards.

I remember the “Case Studio 2” was able to do this…

Maybe I should mention that I am using the evaluation version…

Hope you can help me.

Christian

Hello Christian,

The suggested solution does not work on my computer - I am getting "Error when loading input parameters." and no generation.... The model loads/opens ok.

Please try to verify your command line. Isn't there any space that shouldn't be there?

You can send us your command line for verification. Thanks in advance. (modeling@quest.com)

Furthermore - from your reply it seems that after generation the Toad modeller will continue to run??? As I want it to run as part of an automatic build - I need it to close afterwards.

Yes, TDM will continue to run. You will have to close it then.

Maybe I should mention that I am using the evaluation version...

Thanks. I've just tested it in latest version and it works fine. It does not matter if it's full or trial.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Vladka + TDM Team

Hello,

I tried using the command “RunGeneration”, which is in the article below.

I am getting “Error during execution of function “CMD” of script “RunGeneration”.”. After this the model open ok.

Can you help us?

Source: Toad Data Modeler - internal error

Script: PERCodeGeneratorExt

description: access violation at address 013A4351 in module ‘TDM.exe’

Row: 3 Col: 3

www.toadworld.com/…/2247

Hello there,

The suggestion above is a few years old, I would recommend you to take a look at how you can call TDM and do various actions using external scripts. Then you simply need to create such a script and execute it from command line.

Regards,

Lukas