New Toad Beta issues 12.11

ALTER TABLE EMP_PART
ADD PARTITION P4 VALUES LESS THAN (35000)
PARTITION p5 VALUES LESS THAN (40000);

---- this is valid syntax in 12c and runs correctly, but formatter says it is not correct.

1. create script for user with DBA priviliges says circular refrence error and egenertaes lots of grants and such for sys user.

2. unable to connect to toad forum using toad itself, it timeouts. but it does work fine from browser, ie or chrome.

Regarding #2, Sometimes there are circular references in user’s code. Toad is just mentioning it because when circular references exist, it can’t sort the script so that there are no errors on creation. So you might need to go back and compile some things after running the script.

for the circular reference, the db is 12c latest patches.

it is a cdb with a pdb named pdb1

as sysdba in pdb1

create user x identified by x;

grant dba to x;

I created to tables , one with interval partitions and one as an external table.

from toad I tried create schema script.

I tried to reproduce this but it worked OK for me. I did not get an error about circular references.

I didn’t see any grants to SYS, but if you go into Generate Schema Script with everything on the “Object types” tab checked, you do get all the grants to the DBA role for this user. If you don’t want them, uncheck “User’s roles” and whatever else you don’t want.

If you send me the entire script, I’ll try again to reproduce the circular references problem. You can send it to me at john.dorlon@quest.com

Steven, I am unable to reproduce #3. Does it work now? I wonder if there was a problem with one of the services we use at the time you reported it.

Working now. I had to click on autodetect proxy for it to work. J

From: Michael Staszewski [mailto:bounce-mstaszew@toadworld.com]

Sent: Thursday, October 27, 2016 11:04

To: toadoraclebeta@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum] New Toad Beta issues 12.11

RE: New Toad Beta issues 12.11

Reply by Michael Staszewski

Steven, I am unable to reproduce #3. Does it work now? I wonder if there was a problem with one of the services we use at the time you reported it.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta Forum
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

The information contained in this e-mail and in any attachments is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. This message has been scanned for known computer viruses.

10060: [10060] Connection timed out

HTTP 301: 301: Timeout.

From: Michael Staszewski [mailto:bounce-mstaszew@toadworld.com]

Sent: Thursday, October 27, 2016 11:04

To: toadoraclebeta@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum] New Toad Beta issues 12.11

RE: New Toad Beta issues 12.11

Reply by Michael Staszewski

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta Forum
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

The information contained in this e-mail and in any attachments is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. This message has been scanned for known computer viruses.

Working after autodetect proxy. My bad.