newbie question

One of the TOAD gurus recommended me to use this product to compare datasets.
My goal is to be able to compare either tables (with the where clause) or ideally queries from different sources. I am interested in the different rows (which is easily achievable using minus or varaios outer joins), but also in different columns (which is somewhat difficult).

When i tried to use the trial version of this product i did not find a way to compare a single table (with the where clause), it forced me to load all objects for the schema and it simply blew up (i assume because the particular schema has a lot of objects, thousands).

Am i missing something? Is there a simple way to compare result sets?

From any dataset, right click and choosing compare save the first dataset. Then go to the dataset you want to compare use the compare menu action. It will load a data diff viewer. In the attached screenshots I have changed my query to add a column and my where condition. The data diff viewer marks in colore the changes. You can change the colors to your suiting.

From any dataset, right click and choosing compare save the first dataset. Then go to the dataset you want to compare use the compare menu action. It will load a data diff viewer. In the attached screenshots I have changed my query to add a column and my where condition. The data diff viewer marks in colore the changes. You can change the colors to your suiting.