Newest version refuses to install

All,

I'm still on Beta 12.9.0.66.

After a colleague installed 12.9.0.71 I decided to retry the install process. I'm using a downloaded install file with file size 759,976,168 bytes.

After a few screens with a.o. the license key I get to the screen below:

When I click the Install button, nothing happens. No action, no error message, no nothing.

To be complete: last Friday I already ran the install, It then seemed to run ok, yet according to the support bundle info I'm still on 12.9.0.66 Beta.

So I'm lost currently. How do I go from Beta to the released version?

Thanks in advance,
Abe Kornelis

It looks like you’ve got the GA (12.9.0.71) already installed on your machine. Have you searched for it? Maybe there was an issue with creating shortcuts.

From: kornelis.abe [mailto:bounce-kornelisabe@toadworld.com]

Sent: Monday, June 20, 2016 9:09 AM

To: toadoraclebeta@toadworld.com

Subject: [Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum] Newest version refuses to install

Newest version refuses to install

Thread created by kornelis.abe

All,

I’m still on Beta 12.9.0.66.

After a colleague installed 12.9.0.71 I decided to retry the install process. I’m using a downloaded install file with file size 759,976,168 bytes.

After a few screens with a.o. the license key I get to the screen below:

When I click the Install button, nothing happens. No action, no error message, no nothing.

To be complete: last Friday I already ran the install, It then seemed to run ok, yet according to the support bundle info I’m still on 12.9.0.66 Beta.

So I’m lost currently. How do I go from Beta to the released version?

Thanks in advance,

Abe Kornelis

==========

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta Forum
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

The default install folder for the beta is Program Files\Dell\Toad for Oracle 12.9 Beta\

The default install folder for the beta is Program Files\Dell\Toad for Oracle 12.9\

So the shortcut that you started the beta with will still start the beta. Did you check to see if the new folder exists?

John, Brad,

thanks for the hint: it turns out that .71 installed correctly, I replaced the start icon on my desktop, but forgot to replace the start icon on my taskbar :frowning:

Sorry to have bothered you, and thanks for the quick replies!

Abe

You’re welcome. It’s no bother at all!