NUMBER-typed values format as currency

Using Reports in TDA 2.5, the NUMBER values from Oracle format automatically as currency ($nn,nnn.nn). Is there a way to change that default formatting? How do I modify the format to (nnnnnn)?
See attached example.

Yes, there are many format masks you can choose from. First click on the field you want to change in the designer. Look for the small arrow and click on it. (see screenshot). This will bring up the properties window. From there click on the elipsed button on the ‘Format String’ attribute. This will bring up the Format Editor. I think you will find what you need from there.

Also, you can define formats, fonts, and colors as a style collection type. When you do this you can make these changes once and then apply to your data fields and don’t have to make these changes one by one. Let me know if you need this. it is a little bit more difficult to explain but very handy.

try the above first.

debbie
DatareportsFieldEditer.png

Yes, there are many format masks you can choose from. First click on the field you want to change in the designer. Look for the small arrow and click on it. (see screenshot). This will bring up the properties window. From there click on the elipsed button on the ‘Format String’ attribute. This will bring up the Format Editor. I think you will find what you need from there.

Also, you can define formats, fonts, and colors as a style collection type. When you do this you can make these changes once and then apply to your data fields and don’t have to make these changes one by one. Let me know if you need this. it is a little bit more difficult to explain but very handy.

try the above first.

debbie
Fieldtypes.png

[Answer posted as image; It appears TDA ran into a memory problem, and copy/paste doesn’t seem to work too well.]
TDA_answer911.gif

Access the Styles Collection by clicking on the ellipsis of the Syles property. Each of your field values are currently associated to the default collection type of ‘Data Field’. you could change that, or create a new Style type.

If you connect to the Toad Sample Database and open up the Customer Orders.tdf you will find a good example of using the Syles Collection. This report is available in the Sample project or in the Reports Manager under ODBC. Here I use colors and borders for table objects and also alternating row colors.

After opening the sample report, click on the Design report tool button. This will send this report back to the designer so you can see how the various Styles were defined and assigned to fields.

I haven’t gone into this in too much detail, but you seem handy with this type of report and I think you will find it useful.

Debbie
Styles Collection.png

Access the Styles Collection by clicking on the ellipsis of the Syles property. Each of your field values are currently associated to the default collection type of ‘Data Field’. you could change that, or create a new Style type.

If you connect to the Toad Sample Database and open up the Customer Orders.tdf you will find a good example of using the Syles Collection. This report is available in the Sample project or in the Reports Manager under ODBC. Here I use colors and borders for table objects and also alternating row colors.

After opening the sample report, click on the Design report tool button. This will send this report back to the designer so you can see how the various Styles were defined and assigned to fields.

I haven’t gone into this in too much detail, but you seem handy with this type of report and I think you will find it useful.

Debbie
AccessStylesCollection.png