Odd error message in Toad

I am an IT Tech for a small company and one of my users is having issue with Data Point.
We're on version 5.1 and when running queries, we receive the following error message when it tries to archive the JSON file:

System.UnauthorizedAccessException
Access to the path 'C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Quest Software\Toad Data Point 5.1\SQLRecall\Executed\637559948384111531.json' is denied.
Stack Trace:
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.File.InternalDelete(String path, Boolean checkHost)
at Quest.Toad.SQLRecall.JsonFileStorage1.Remove(FileStorageItem1 item)
at Quest.Toad.SQLRecall.SQLRecallItemExtensions.AddItem(JsonFileStorage1 storage, SQLRecallItem item, String body) at Quest.Toad.SQLRecall.ProducerConsumerQueue1.Work()
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Oddly enough, it appears to generate the file, despite saying access is denied. Has anyone else seen this one before?

Not seen this before, although I don't play much with JSON (yet). Looked briefly on Quest's Knowledge Base and didn't see any relevant articles, not about JSON files anyway.

Have to ask, but you're sure you have Windows permissions on that Recall folder, or all the sub dirs in the directory location?

Other than that, might need to open a Support ticket.

Oh yes we have full permissions. It's strange because the error appears to the query as it's being run. The file works, opens and shows the data.

Best Regards,

Tony Hall, CUDE

IT Technician II, Information Technology Department

Elements Financial

225 South East Street; Suite 300

Indianapolis, IN 46202

(317) 524-5090 Phone / Fax

(317) 997-8139 Mobile

elements.org

Best Places to Work in Indiana Hall of Fame, named to the list eleven times.

thall is working on this for me from an application perspective. I am the user with the issue.

The error happens once the query is completed. It happens when the SQL recall log (the JSON file) is being written.

To clarify, it happens not before or during the query running, but after it has completed and the SQL recall is being written to the JSON file.
This is happening to multiple users as well.

I submitted a forum post on that error with screenshots and didn’t get any response.

image001.jpg

Ashli is having the same issue.

image001.jpg

Has their support team reached out yet?

image001.jpg

This issue is still persistent in version 5.7?
Is there a fix available?

Hi, i have had problem sounds like this, from 5.1 to 5.7. This occurs, for me, with oracle, when 1000 rows fetched, then refetch all data. I solved the problem by changing a default path somewhere in my config. I reply from my smartphone, when at home, i'll be back with screenshots.

Regards.

Franck

Any updates to this? We are seeing the same issue.