One click to change the Data type on Entity Properties

Hi

I am wondering if it has any way to change the “Data Type” on “Entity Properties”'s Attributes tab for the attributes? I found it is a bit annoying about you have to double click on it to go to “Attribute properties” and click on the drop down list about the name of the attribute to change each of the data type.

I would be grateful if we could just change the data type on the “Entity Properties” window’s Attributes tab. E.g. similar to the feature in “Relationship properties” window’s “Foreign key” tab, to press some keys which allow you to change the data type on it(attributes of the table) would be great

Please let me know if you want me to explain more.

Many thanks

Chi

Hello,

I am wondering if it has any way to change the "Data Type" on "Entity Properties"'s Attributes tab for the attributes.

Yes, it is possible. In the Entity Properties form | Attributes tab, simply click the attribute data type, wait a while and click it again. The inplace editor will open.

Note: You don't have to always go via the Entity Properties dialog to change attribute properties. - You can right-click selected attribute in the Model Explorer and edit it.

In any case, watch the "Add, Edit Attributes" movie where other options (e.g. inplace editing in WS) are shown:
http://modeling.inside.quest.com/entry.jspa?externalID=721&categoryID=30

Regards,

Vladka