Online Authentication Failed

Hi All,

I have downloaded Toad Edge to try it out. I have not been able to get past the first screen, as the below error appears.

I press Sign In, it ‘verifies the connection’ and comes back with the same box.

There is no option to enter any details or correct any wrong credentials.

How do I proceed please?

Thank you,

ST

Online Authentication Failed TE.jpeg

As the message indicates the Internet connection might not be available.

A customer on Toad Edge Support Chat had the same issue. They had access to the internet and were signed in on Toadworld. They stated that they were using an ‘automatic configuration script’

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc995319.aspx

Does Toad Edge cater for this?

dvohra, I posted on this Forum while I was retrying it, so internet is fine.

Susan, I am not sure if you are saying to try these thing but I tried anyway. No luck I am afraid. Hopefully there is an answer out there as I would like to try this product.

Hi, is it possible to send us application log files?

Logs are located here:

c:\Users[user]\AppData\Roaming\Quest Software\Toad Edge\Data\log4j.log

c:\Users[user]\AppData\Roaming\Quest Software\Toad Edge\Data.metadata.log

Could you please send them to Miroslav.Stanik@quest.com?

thanks

m.

Hey Miroslav. Thank you, I have just sent this.

The OS is not mentioned. Is a supported OS used? Please refer “System Requirements” section. Are all system requirements used?

support.quest.com/…/

All requirements are met.

Toad support has advised me that this is a bug and I am to wait for the new version.

There are always issues with new software, it’s a shame that I have experienced this bug but I am hoping the new version will be out soon.

Moderator - can you mark this as answered please? I am locked out of my original account.

Have you received an update from support. I’m facing the same issue.

Any updates from Toad ?

A customer who reported the same error to Quest Support resolved the issue internally. Theirs was a firewall issue

Hi all, next week will be available new version of Toad Edge, and we have improved auto-proxy detection, so some issues related to Sign-in should be resolved.

Anyway, if the problem will persist, we will appreciate log files.

thanks

m.

Hi there, I would like to try Toad Edge 2.0.2, but cannot get around the online license validation, “Connection to validate licenses could not be established”

We have an authenticating proxy, configured through environment variables HTTP_PROXY and HTTPS_PROXY, which works for most programs. Toad Edge appears to attempt DNS resolution instead of trusting the proxy and fails:

2018-08-19 07:24:20,933 ERROR [SignInService$2] java.net.UnknownHostException: id.quest.com.

I am on Win7 Enterprise x64.
Windows firewall deactivated.
IE is blocked completely.
I can reach https://id.quest.com/ in the browser

Any ideas where to set a proxy specifically for Toad Edge?

Alternativley, is there a way to manually perform the handshake between the client and the registration facility?

regards,
Dietmar

Hi, could you please send us log files located here:
c:\Users[username]\AppData\Roaming\Quest Software\Toad Edge\Data\log4j.log
c:\Users[username]\AppData\Roaming\Quest Software\Toad Edge\Data.metadata.log

If you prefer to send it directly to email, please send them to Miroslav.Stanik@quest.com.

Of course, you can put them also here.

thanks
Miroslav Stanik

Hi Dietmar,
Edge uses internally several proxy detection methods one of them being environment variable. So proxy should be detected and used if specified in HTTP_PROXY or HTTPS_PROXY.

You may also try to set proxy in windows proxy settings as it should be checked as well.

Or you may try to set mapping in c:/windows/system32/driver/etc/hosts file - ie.
143.204.101.102 id.quest.com

And see whether it helps with name resolution.

Regards
Petr Ch.