ORA-01031 occurs when connecting to Oracle 12c with Toad 11.6

Please turn on spool sql, then login and do whatever you need to do to get the error.

Then post the spool sql output as well as the “create user” script for the user that you are logging in with.

You can email them to me if you want: john.dorlon@quest.com

I’m using TOAD 12.10.0.30 and get the same error when connecting to Oracle 11.2.0.4-Databases. But what i’ve found out:

If I’m trying to connect to a RAC-database with 2 instances, i’ll get the ORA-1031 while connecting. And i don’t see other users in Schema-browser. In the spool-SQL there is the only Select on user$:

– Timestamp: 15:14:30.484
SELECT u.NAME
FROM sys.USER$ u
WHERE u.TYPE# = 1
ORDER BY 1;
Error: ORA-01031: Nicht ausreichende Berechtigungen

But when i’m connecting a single-instance database, the error won’t show up (even if there is one in spool sql)! And there is another select on user$ (select null instead of u.name) and a second select on dba_users, which wasn’t there on the other database:

– Session: xxxx
– Timestamp: 15:17:51.225
SELECT null
FROM SYS.USER$
WHERE 0=1
Error: ORA-00942: Tabelle oder View nicht vorhanden

– Session: xxxxx
– Timestamp: 15:17:51.271
Select username
from sys.DBA_USERS
order by username;

(even there is another error - ora-00942 instead of ora-1031). There must be a difference if there are more than one instance. If i should test something else, just let me know.

Regards,

Gerd

If I should test something else, just let me know.

Yes. Please post the entire Spool SQL output (from before you log on until the error pops up in Toad) so I can get some context around what's happening.

Also, and perhaps more importantly, please post the "create user" DDL along with whatever grants your user has, so that I can reproduce this problem. I just tried it on a two-node rac and it worked OK for me, so there must be something about your user that is causing Toad to try that query.

If you don't want to post these things to the forum, you can email them to me: john.dorlon@quest.com

Thanks.

-John

Ok, I think this should be fixed for the next beta - 12.11.0.18. Those of you who had a problem in Toad 12.10, please try this beta when it comes out (hopefully this week) and let me know if the problem is fixed or not.

Thank you.

Yes, it works fine now. I don’t get any errors, and there are now all other schemas shown in the schema browser.

The spool SQL looks now like this:

– Session: xxx@yyy.WORLD
– Timestamp: 08:52:43.783
Prepare: SELECT null
FROM SYS.USER$
WHERE 0=1

– Timestamp: 08:52:43.786
Unprepare: SELECT null
FROM SYS.USER$
WHERE 0=1