ORA-01719: outer join operator (+) not allowed in operand of OR toad

ORA-01719: outer join operator (+) not allowed in operand of OR or IN

– this happens when I try to load a package or in the schema browser ( toad 12.9.0.11 ) !!!

I can not view packages

Sounds interesting. Is that valid code? Could you add a small example of such statement please?

Thanks

This is from TOAD itself!!! I am not privy to TOAD source code… JJJ

From: Andre Vergison [mailto:bounce-avergison@toadworld.com]

Sent: Monday, December 14, 2015 09:56

To: toadoraclebeta@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum] ORA-01719: outer join operator (+) not allowed in operand of OR toad

RE: ORA-01719: outer join operator (+) not allowed in operand of OR toad

Reply by Andre Vergison

Sounds interesting. Is that valid code? Could you add a small example of such statement please?

Thanks

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

The information contained in this e-mail and in any attachments is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. This message has been scanned for known computer viruses.

Have you tried clearing any filters on the browser view? TTBOMK that is the only place that Toad might modify its SQL with user-supplied predicates or a whole custom SELECT statement…

I have supplied nothing. J

Just schema browser -> packages

Or

Schema.name à where name is a package and then hit ‘F4’

From: Ian Woodbury-Kuvik [mailto:bounce-iankuvik@toadworld.com]

Sent: Monday, December 14, 2015 10:34

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum] ORA-01719: outer join operator (+) not allowed in operand of OR toad

Reply by Ian Woodbury-Kuvik

Have you tried clearing any filters on the browser view? TTBOMK that is the only place that Toad might modify its SQL with user-supplied predicates or a whole custom SELECT statement…

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

The information contained in this e-mail and in any attachments is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. This message has been scanned for known computer viruses.

A recent change caused this. I thought I made the change so that only Oracle version 10.2 or newer would have the outer join because it didn’t work on versions before that. What is your exact Oracle version?

Ora 12.1.0.2 and oracle 11.1 >

Sent: Monday, December 14, 2015 14:59

Reply by John Dorlon

A recent change caused this. I thought I made the change so that only Oracle version 10.2 or newer would have the outer join because it didn’t work on versions before that. What is your exact Oracle version?

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

I don’t get this error, but there are a lot of different combinations of circumstances that can make the query look different.

If you go to the main menu, and click Database -> Spool SQL -> Spool to Screen, then Toad will show you each query that it executes. Please do that and then make the error happen. Then send me the SQL statements that Toad showed you. The one with the error should be in there.

Will do. This is making me use the production toad until it works right again. JJ

I just updated to 12.9.0.12 and it is still happening.

Sent: Tuesday, December 15, 2015 08:10

Reply by John Dorlon

I don’t get this error, but there are a lot of different combinations of circumstances that can make the query look different.

If you go to the main menu, and click Database -> Spool SQL -> Spool to Screen, then Toad will show you each query that it executes. Please do that and then make the error happen. Then send me the SQL statements that Toad showed you. The one with the error should be in there.

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

with PACKAGES as

(Select :own owner, object_name, object_type, decode(status, ‘VALID’, ‘V’, ‘I’) status, last_ddl_time, object_id, created

from sys.user_objects

where 1=1

and object_type in (‘PACKAGE’, ‘PACKAGE BODY’))

SELECT PACKAGES.owner, PACKAGES.object_name, PACKAGES.object_type, PACKAGES.status,

PACKAGES.last_ddl_time, PACKAGES.object_id, PACKAGES.created

,NVL(pi.AUTHID, 'DEFINER') AUTHID

,NVL(d.debuginfo, 'F') DEBUGINFO

FROM PACKAGES

,(SELECT   object_id, authid

FROM     sys.user_procedures

WHERE    subprogram_id = 0

AND      object_type = 'PACKAGE'

GROUP BY object_id, authid) pi

, sys.all_probe_objects d

WHERE PACKAGES.object_id = pi.object_id (+)

AND d.object_id (+) = PACKAGES.object_id

AND d.owner (+) = PACKAGES.object_name

AND d.object_name (+) = PACKAGES.object_name

AND d.object_type (+) in (‘PACKAGE’, ‘PACKAGE BODY’)

order by 3, 2

Reply by John Dorlon

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Oracle 11.1.0.7 db

Version 12.1.0.2.0 client

Reply by John Dorlon

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

I can reproduce the problem in Oracle 11.1. It’s unusual that this query works in 10.2 and newer, but not 11.1.

The screen that pops up to show you what you can pick from pops up and stays for a very long time!!!

Is there any key I can press to get out of it???

It is very annoying. J

Sent: Tuesday, December 15, 2015 09:11

Reply by John Dorlon

I can reproduce the problem in Oracle 11.1. It’s unusual that this query works in 10.2 and newer, but not 11.1.

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Are you talking about in the Editor, the code insight dialog? I think the ESC will close it, won’t it? If you don’t want it to pop up at all, or want it to have fewer objects, you can change some options for it under Options -> Editor -> Code Assist.

Sometimes Toad appears to freeze when it pops up. It takes a long… time to get control back. Sometime I just kill Toad and start again. Not sure what is going on there.

Sent: Tuesday, December 15, 2015 09:44

Reply by John Dorlon

Are you talking about in the Editor, the code insight dialog? I think the ESC will close it, won’t it? If you don’t want it to pop up at all, or want it to have fewer objects, you can change some options for it under Options -> Editor -> Code Assist.

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

I think ANSI joins would be more effective??? JJJ

Sent: Tuesday, December 15, 2015 09:44

Reply by John Dorlon

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

I don’t think ANSI joins are any faster, it’s just a different format. We tend to stick with non-ansi joins because we have to support so many versions of Oracle and ansi joins don’t work with the older ones.

I do not know how old you support but I believe it starting working in 8.x and above. JJ

Sent: Tuesday, December 15, 2015 10:23

Reply by John Dorlon

I don’t think ANSI joins are any faster, it’s just a different format. We tend to stick with non-ansi joins because we have to support so many versions of Oracle and ansi joins don’t work with the older ones.

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

We go back to 8.0.