Toad World® Forums

Ora-06550 / pls-00801

with schema SYS:

GRANT CREATE CREDENTIAL TO DBSS;
GRANT EXECUTE ON sys.dbms_credential TO dbss;

with schema DBSS:

BEGIN
    sys.dbms_credential.create_credential (credential_name => 'sys', username => 'sys', password => 'oracle', database_role => 'sysdba');

sys.dbms_credential.create_credential (credential_name => 'dbss', username => 'dbss', password => 'oracle');
END;

And toad can not be terminated:

This happens also with Toad for Oracle 13.1 and with both Oracle 12.1 and 12.2.

It happens not with SQL Developer.

I tried it on my database and was able to reproduce the error (using => of course instead of =>).

I was able to reproduce the error, but then when I named the credentials something different than the username, the error went away.

I don’t know why you get the error from Toad but not SQL*Dev. Toad just sends the command to Oracle, and then Oracle processes it.

So is it mainly an Oracle problem? Interestingly, the SQL Developer doesn’t bring any errors at all. Everything works fine.

Also why is it not possible to terminate Toad ?

It does seem like an Oracle error from my point of view. Especially given that the error does not happen if you just name the credential something else. I think it’s a good idea to name them something other than the username anyway.

I don’t know why it doesn’t happen in SQL Dev.

I can’t reproduce the hang, only the error. Interestingly, the credentials were created despite the error.