OT: Anyone else not receiving emails from Toadworld?

It’s been a busy few weeks here at work, but when I fired up Toad Beta .14 this AM and it said a new beta exists, I happened to think that Toadworld email’s been suspiciously silent for some time now.

My Toadworld account looks like it’s subscribed yet, and there are no related errors on my email server.

Anyone else having this issue?

TIA!
Rich

It’s been slow, but I see ~10 emails on the beta boards in the past week. Are you getting any at all?

Sent: Monday, August 17, 2015 10:43 AM

To: toadoraclebeta@toadworld.com

Subject: [Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum] OT: Anyone else not receiving emails from Toadworld?

OT: Anyone else not receiving emails from Toadworld?

Thread created by Rich J.

It’s been a busy few weeks here at work, but when I fired up Toad Beta .14 this AM and it said a new beta exists, I happened to think that Toadworld email’s been suspiciously silent for some time now.

My Toadworld account looks like it’s subscribed yet, and there are no related errors on my email server.

Anyone else having this issue?

TIA!

Rich

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

No emails, including these 2 (and, presumably, now 3). :frowning:

I see a similar post of mine almost exactly 1 year ago:

www.toadworld.com/…/22500

Perhaps it was the Perseids and our new alien overlords deem Toad for Oracle a threat to their global takeover plans? It’s a theory I’m working on…

Rich

I forwarded this to someone who can help. There have been a few changes to ToadWorld and the email server in recent weeks.

Michael

Sent: Monday, August 17, 2015 11:15 AM

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum] OT: Anyone else not receiving emails from Toadworld?

RE: OT: Anyone else not receiving emails from Toadworld?

Reply by Rich J.

Perhaps it was the Perseids and our new alien overlords deem Toad for Oracle a threat to their global takeover plans? It’s a theory I’m working on…

Rich

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Rich,

Ø Perhaps it was the Perseids and our new alien overlords deem Toad for Oracle a threat to their global takeover plans?

Weren’t they more an intellectual race?? Although, come to think of it, they did rise up against the Vedrans in the early days before the Commonwealth…

Sent: Monday, August 17, 2015 11:15 AM

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum] OT: Anyone else not receiving emails from Toadworld?

Reply by Rich J.

Rich

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Nice reference, John! I was thinking of the August meteor showers, then mixing metaphors because of Sudden Caffeination Superfluous Synapse Syndrome on a Monday morning, but I think I like yours better!

Pastafarians find this discussion amusing. And in need of garlic bread.

Sent: Monday, August 17, 2015 11:21 AM

Reply by John Bowman

Rich,

Ø Perhaps it was the Perseids and our new alien overlords deem Toad for Oracle a threat to their global takeover plans?

Weren’t they more an intellectual race?? Although, come to think of it, they did rise up against the Vedrans in the early days before the Commonwealth…

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Any luck with this? I’ve also sent feedback on Toadworld, but haven’t received a reply. Then again, if it’s a problem reaching my email, I wouldn’t hear about it…

The only thing I can think of is that I use a free domain from No-IP. But I haven’t had problems with it since Microsoft’s reversal over taking them down back in 2014.

My email is so lonely without Toad. So so lonely…

Rich

You won't get this reply, but I'll forward your problem again.

Thanks,

Michael

On 09/22/2015 11:29 AM, Rich J. wrote:

Reply by Rich J.
Any luck with this? I've also sent feedback on Toadworld, but haven't received a reply. Then again, if it's a problem reaching my email, I wouldn't hear about it...

The only thing I can think of is that I use a free domain from No-IP. But I haven't had problems with it since Microsoft's reversal over taking them down back in 2014.

My email is so lonely without Toad. So so lonely...

Rich

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Rich,

Please confirm that [Private Email] in your account settings and profile page is in fact your current and active email address.

As a final followup to this, I’m getting emails again! With Bogdan’s help, we pinned the issue down to my email subdomain being filtered out by OpenDNS. And while I was able to prove to the fine folks at OpenDNS that I’ve managed that subdomain for about 13 years now, they said the parent domain is junk so my subdomain inherits that property. Yeah, the free IPs from No-IP have that problem.

But for some happy reason, I started getting Toadworld emails again last night. So at least I have some reprieve to once again figure out how to move all of my email addresses, which I’m sure I’ll put off, as I have a previous engagement to have all of my fingers repeatedly broken by crazed terrorists, and that frankly sounds like more fun.

Woot!

Rich