Toad World® Forums

Pasting into the Grid

This only happens to the grid in the Editor when I have done a select tab.*, rowid. I do not see this behavior when I’m in a Desc window looking at the data grid.

If I am in a field and have it selected ready to type and then do a Ctrl V to paste from the clipboard, the contents of the clipboard get pasted to the editor part of the window. I have tried to select the field every way I can think of, and regardless of what I do, the results are the same.

I can paste into the grid of a Desc window with no trouble.

I am currently working with in MDI and this happens whether the window is popped out or in. . .

Blessings,

Phyllis

Phyllis Helton

Data Magician

Security Gestapo
Digital Products & Strategies, Cru | Data Sciences & Analytics
Office :phone: 407-515-4452

phyllis.helton@cru.org

This is a new bug for beta. A few changes had to be made with respect to common shortcuts mapping to the respective window when in SDI or “popped-out” mode. The Editor is not routing actions properly to the focused dock panel now. I’ll have a look. In the meantime you can double-click the cell to get the popup editor and paste in there.

Michael

That makes sense. Thank you for looking into this.

On Fri, Nov 3, 2017 at 2:59 PM, Michael Staszewski bounce-mstaszew@toadworld.com wrote:

RE: Pasting into the Grid

Reply by Michael Staszewski
This is a new bug for beta. A few changes had to be made with respect to common shortcuts mapping to the respective window when in SDI or “popped-out” mode. The Editor is not routing actions properly to the focused dock panel now. I’ll have a look. In the meantime you can double-click the cell to get the popup editor and paste in there.

Michael

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta Forum notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

Phyllis Helton

Data Magician

Security Gestapo

phyllis.helton@cru.org

Fixed in next beta.

Thank you, Michael!

On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 11:02 AM, Michael Staszewski bounce-mstaszew@toadworld.com wrote:

RE: Pasting into the Grid

Reply by Michael Staszewski
Fixed in next beta.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta Forum notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

Phyllis Helton

Data Magician

Security Gestapo

phyllis.helton@cru.org