Pick lists for column names when using table aliases

Hello,

New user and just migrated from plsql developer. My question is below :

How do I get pick lists to populate column names when I am using aliases to the tables. Importantly, I do not want to use schema name when writing every query and so I use alter session set current schema and then start querying. In other words,if I use

ALTER SESSION SET CURRENT_SCHEMA = SCOTT;

select * from emp e

where e.

Pick lists is not populating columns to pick from. Anything to help solve this.

Much appreciated,

Ravi

Look at the Editor toolbar and you’ll find a dropdown for the Current Schema. Select the current schema you’re interested in and Toad will automatically issue the necessary ALTER SESSION calls behind the scenes as needed. When done in this way Toad knows of your intentions and the pick list (Code Insight) behaves correctly as well as several other Editor features. Setting it in this way is also required for F9 execution, the traditional method of executing single statements and compiling PL/SQL. Script execution (F5) will pick up on it as you have it in your script, but that’s the only Toad feature that will act on it.

We don’t parse the script and act on the ALTER SESSION for Code Insight. Your simple example wouldn’t be too an issue, but a script could call another script which could do the alter session, the new current schema could be specified by substitution variables, etc. There are too many possibilities. Use the toolbar dropdown and you’ll get the expected behavior.

Michael

Sent: Tuesday, February 09, 2016 5:22 PM

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Pick lists for column names when using table aliases

Pick lists for column names when using table aliases

Thread created by raviSD

Hello,

New user and just migrated from plsql developer. My question is below :

How do I get pick lists to populate column names when I am using aliases to the tables. Importantly, I do not want to use schema name when writing every query and so I use alter session set current schema and then start querying. In other words,if I use

ALTER SESSION SET CURRENT_SCHEMA = SCOTT;

select * from emp e

where e.

Pick lists is not populating columns to pick from. Anything to help solve this.

Much appreciated,

Ravi

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.