Pivot Grid Swap Columns and Row

Dear all,

When sending the query results to a pivot grid. I’m able to arrange the view like this:

Year
Product A
Product B
In order to use this data I would like the view to swap the rows and column’s. Unfortunately, Toad Data Point build’s the view like this:

Product A
Product B
Product A
Product B
Product A
Grand Total
Is there a way to list the fields Product A en Product B under each other on the left? I need to export the view like this to excel sheet in order to use it.

Hope someone can help me with this.

Regards,

Fayaz

Put the product names in the Row area.

forum.png

Hi Debbie,

when trying your solution, i get data in the row area. I've included a screenshot, with the results:

Is there a way to see the fliednames: LINNEN, UTILITIES in the row area and see their (sum) values in the data area?

No I don’t know how to do that. The pivot grid really wants three elements, column, row and data. You need a text column that represents the product. This should
go in the row area. Then the value columns can go in the data area.

Debbie

Sent: Wednesday, July 31, 2013 6:56 AM

To: toaddatapoint@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad Data Point - Discussion Forum] Pivot Grid Swap Columns and Row

RE: Pivot Grid Swap Columns and Row

Reply by Fayaz

Hi Debbie,

when trying your solution, i get data in the row area. I’ve included a screenshot, with the results:

Is there a way to see the fliednames: LINNEN, UTILITIES in the row area and see their (sum) values in the data area?

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad Data Point - General
notifications altogether.

Toad Data Point - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Hi Debbie,

Thank you for your answer. I will rebuild my query to have three elements.

Feel so fortunate to see this thread for I have a similar question on a pivot grid control, and the grid column things also made me crazy.