Popup for bind variables takes long

Hi,

somehow the popup of the window where you enter values for execution of a select statement dramatically slowed down. It takes maybe about 10 secs to appear, most times it's not activated and some times it's even behind other windows...

Simple Example:
select *
from dual dd
where dd.dummy = :bindval;

I use 16.3.119. I also tried different Oracle DB instances (but all are v12.2).
Can it be that it's an issue concerning win10...?

best regards
Chris

Hi Chris,

I don't think Windows 10 is the culprit. We have more users on Windows 10 than anything else.

For me, this window appears in about 1/2 second.

Some questions:

1. Did it just slow down recently?
  2. Does it happen in 16.2?
  3. How long does it take to execute the a similar statement with no bind variables?
  4. If Team Coding is enabled, does it speed things up if you disable Team Coding?
  5. Which windows have you seen it behind? Behind other stay-on-top type dialogs, or behind Toad itself?

Here's something else you can try

1. Shut down Toad
  2. Look in your User Files folder (follow these steps to find it, if needed).
  3. Rename the file: Variables.dat. (This file contains variables you've used and their values, for reuse, so renaming it will cause Toad to forget them all. You can rename it back later if you want)
  4. Try Toad again.

Did that help?

-John

Hi John,

this is quiet embarassing for me... :face_with_peeking_eye:
It happened to be that as I booted my machine (it's been up for 1 or 2 weeks! =8-o )
now everything is quick as "hell" :joy:
I suppose it was a memory problem on my whole machine or maybe because they changed things in our environment/network... :thinking:

Beg your pardon for all circumstances!

Additionally it was quite unprofessional of me not to test it with older versions or considering other interfering stuff.

:roll_eyes:

anyway thxalot for your efforts
best regards
Chris

Hi Chris,

No problem. I'm glad it's fast again.

-John