Possible bug in ADDM/AWR Reports

When the AWR Report is generated and select 2 snapshots the report is generated with the selected snaphot names but the interval does not match.

Testing from cmd line it appears that the Dialog values are incorrect not the once in the resulted report.

Thanks for the bug report, but…

It’s Oracle that generates these reports, not Toad. Toad just displays them, and the command to do so just includes the snapshot numbers but not the begin/end times. The times displayed in the grid come from TIMESTAMP columns (without time zone). I think the difference in times is due to time zones between your client machine and the server, but I’m guessing. In any case, if you want to take it up with anyone, it’s should be Oracle. You can turn on spool SQL in Toad to see our SQL statements and you should be able to reproduce it from SQL*Plus as well.

Hi

Thank you for the fast reply on this.

I have 2 machines: One with Toad and One with Oracle

When I run from sqlplus the snapshot and dates matches. When I run from Toad they doesn’t. This is why I thought is a Toad issue.

I select this from Toad

As in the picture above begin interval is 3 AM Snapshot is 2927.

I press run

And if you check the Snap Time columns are from 4:00 - 5:00

When I run from sql plus it returns me the 4:00 to 5:00. So, the generated report is correct. The values form Select Starting Snapshot are not.

So if is a sort of client issue I guess that toad window called Select Starting Snapshot is looking a a client timezone and not the server one.

Just guessing.

Thanks

Miki

**Waters Romania S.R.L. **

**Project Manager **
[T] 40 268 547453 24

[F] 40 268 478405

[M] 40 721 296822

[W] www.waters.com

[E] mihaela_lupu@waters.com
Waters Romania s.r.l.

Str. Turnului nr.5

Aripa de Vest, et.1

500152 Brasov

Romania

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Date: 05/27/2016 03:42 PM

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Possible bug in ADDM/AWR Reports

RE: Possible bug in ADDM/AWR Reports

Reply by John Dorlon

It’s Oracle that generates these reports, not Toad. Toad just displays them, and the command to do so just includes the snapshot numbers but not the begin/end times. The times displayed in the grid come from TIMESTAMP columns (without time zone). I think the difference in times is due to time zones between your client machine and the server, but I’m guessing. In any case, if you want to take it up with anyone, it’s should be Oracle. You can turn on spool SQL in Toad to see our SQL statements and you should be able to reproduce it from SQL*Plus as well.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails
on this subject.

Or Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General Forum
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

=========================================================== The information in this email is confidential, and is intended solely for the addressee(s). Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized and therefore prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. ===========================================================

Hi again

Meanwhile I figure out what is misleading

This screen

Shows the snapshots. If I need to see what happen between 4:00-5:00 I need to look at end interval column only not at begin interval.

Maybe was more useful to see a column like Snapshot Created at… (which will correspond to End interval) Maybe start interval is not important since we can look to the previous snap id anyway

Just a suggestion

Thanks

Miki

**Waters Romania S.R.L. **

**Project Manager **
[T] 40 268 547453 24

[F] 40 268 478405

[M] 40 721 296822

[W] www.waters.com

[E] mihaela_lupu@waters.com
Waters Romania s.r.l.

Str. Turnului nr.5

Aripa de Vest, et.1

500152 Brasov

Romania

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Date: 05/27/2016 03:42 PM

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Possible bug in ADDM/AWR Reports

RE: Possible bug in ADDM/AWR Reports

Reply by John Dorlon

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails
on this subject.

Or Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General Forum
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

=========================================================== The information in this email is confidential, and is intended solely for the addressee(s). Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized and therefore prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. ===========================================================