problems running QI.exe (quest installer/dell software installer)

For some reason I no longer have Quest Installer listed under All Programs -> Quest Software

I did find the QI.EXE in the folder c:\Program File (x86)\Quest Software\Quest Installer

but it does nothing when I double-click on it.

I installed 12.5 GA and wanted to uninstall the 12.5 beta. Any ideas how to go about doing this?

product version on QI.EXE is 6.0.5.5880 with a Date modified 5/27/2014

I could not find any way to reinstall Quest Installer

I think the only way to uninstall products installed by QI now is through windows add/remove programs. You should see Quest Installer listed as well.

From: droeschley_109 [mailto:bounce-droeschley_109@toadworld.com]

Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2014 2:57 PM

To: toadoraclebeta@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum] problems running QI.exe (quest installer/dell software installer)

RE: problems running QI.exe (quest installer/dell software installer)

Reply by droeschley_109

product version on QI.EXE is 6.0.5.5880 with a Date modified 5/27/2014

I could not find any way to reinstall Quest Installer

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

You would not use QI to uninstall a beta, at least I don’t think it has this capability. Use Add/Remove programs or run the original/base msi.

Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2014 2:52 PM

Subject: [Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum] problems running QI.exe (quest installer/dell software installer)

problems running QI.exe (quest installer/dell software installer)

Thread created by droeschley_109

For some reason I no longer have Quest Installer listed under All Programs -> Quest Software

I did find the QI.EXE in the folder c:\Program File (x86)\Quest Software\Quest Installer

but it does nothing when I double-click on it.

I installed 12.5 GA and wanted to uninstall the 12.5 beta. Any ideas how to go about doing this?

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

I actually had looked for it under Control Panel -> programs and features

but didn’t see it listed. But I see it listed now and did the uninstall from there.

Thanks.

Interesting that trying to do the same (Uninstall/Change) for Quest Installer brings up a window stating:

The Dell Software Installer has detected that the following Dell product(s) managed by the Dell Software Installer are still installed on your machine:

<list including several Toad for Oracle 64-bit entries>

To proceed with uninstalling the Dell Software Installer, you must first uninstall those Dell products.

So I guess i leave it alone until some future change removes these “dependencies”

That’s strange. Why would it have a dependency on applications it has installed if it can’t uninstall them?

We are not responsible for QI in this office so we can’t answer these questions. :slight_smile:

Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2014 3:43 PM

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum] problems running QI.exe (quest installer/dell software installer)

Reply by droeschley_109

but didn’t see it listed. But I see it listed now and did the uninstall from there.

Thanks.

Interesting that trying to do the same (Uninstall/Change) for Quest Installer brings up a window stating:

The Dell Software Installer has detected that the following Dell product(s) managed by the Dell Software Installer are still installed on your machine:

To proceed with uninstalling the Dell Software Installer, you must first uninstall those Dell products.

So I guess i leave it alone until some future change removes these “dependencies”

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

if you lose the msi you can always use the brute force method of uninstalling the beta by providing the Product ID from the MSI database to msiexec. Here are
the Product ID’s for the 12.5 Beta and sample calls:

32 bit:

msiexec /q /uninstall {DCA96F72-3E06-4008-96EB-6BA511279927}

64 bit:

msiexec /q /uninstall {BA1B586D-A7A3-4B67-A843-43E97F62B3B5}

I know you said you already got it uninstalled but I wanted to write something to look smart and get points on Toad World.

Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2014 3:42 PM

Reply by droeschley_109

Thanks.

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

I'm not sure if it'll help you, but I just gave you a thumbs up.

On 06/25/2014 04:02 PM, Mark Lerch wrote:

Reply by Mark Lerch
if you lose the msi you can always use the brute force method of uninstalling the beta by providing the Product ID from the MSI database to msiexec. Here are the Product
ID's for the 12.5 Beta and sample calls:

32 bit:

64 bit:

I know you said you already got it uninstalled but I wanted to write something to look smart and get points on Toad World.

To:
toadoraclebeta@toadworld.com

RE: problems running QI.exe (quest installer/dell software
installer)

Reply by droeschley_109

but didn't see it listed. But I see it listed now and did the uninstall from there.

Thanks.

So I guess i leave it alone until some future change removes these "dependencies"

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Only 4594 points until Master status! Baby steps

From: Mark Lerch [mailto:bounce-Mark_Lerch@toadworld.com]

Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2014 4:03 PM

Reply by Mark Lerch

if you lose the msi you can always use the brute force method of uninstalling the beta by providing the Product ID from the MSI database to msiexec. Here are
the Product ID’s for the 12.5 Beta and sample calls:

32 bit:

64 bit:

RE: problems running QI.exe (quest installer/dell
software installer)

Reply by droeschley_109

Thanks.

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

I’d rather remain a Teacher, with that suit and tie and apple on my desk. The Master looks like a goofy animation from a Disney movie.

Wow - that makes you the red head “Amy Squirrel” teacher off the movie “Bad teacher”. That’s OK - cause you’re no Cameron Diaz nor Justin Timberlake (and glad of that last one I’m sure) :slight_smile:

From: Bert Scalzo [mailto:bounce-Bert_Scalzo@toadworld.com]

Sent: Thursday, June 26, 2014 8:52 AM

Reply by Bert Scalzo

Wow - that makes you the red head “Amy Squirrel” teacher off the movie “Bad teacher”. That’s OK - cause you’re no Cameron Diaz nor Justin Timberlake (and glad of that last one I’m sure) :slight_smile:

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.