Query Result SQL

Many times I have multiple tabs open and run a portion of a script by highlighting it and pressing F9. When I later go back to that tab is there a way to see the SQL portion that generated the results displayed?

SQL Developer has a small icon with label “SQL” accessible with shortcut key Ctrl + Q which opens the “Query Result SQL” box and shows you the script. Anything similar in Toad? (I’m using toad 12.8).

Thanks in advance.

There is not a feature that was specifically made for this, but you can use the Export Dataset button to achieve what you are looking to do. You can click the icon in the Data Grid toolbar or right click and select it from the menu. Then, when the Export Wizard appears, select the Dataset tab and you will see the SQL that was run to get the results in the data grid.

If you would like to submit an enhancement to have a feature specifically for this, you can submit it in our IdeaPond section. Here is a link to Idea Pond.

www.toadworld.com/…/i

I use the export wizard a multiple times per day and I never saw the Dataset tab! Thank you.

I still think it will be a nice improvement to have the direct access to an “SQL” icon so I will submit it to the Idea pond .

The Editor has a Query Viewer panel. It shows all queries executed using F9. The most recent one will be the SQL that generated your results. If you don’t see the QV panel you can show it via rt-click menu, see the Desktop flyout.

Sent: Wednesday, June 01, 2016 7:20 PM

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Query Result SQL

RE: Query Result SQL

Reply by stalsy

I use the export wizard a multiple times per day and I never saw the Dataset tab! Thank you.

I still think it will be a nice improvement to have the direct access to an “SQL” icon so I will submit it to the Idea pond .

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General Forum
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Even better! Thank you.