Re: New Connection/Change Connection

I should add that this only happens on the "Change Session" if the session I'm changing to is not already open. If it is open, then the Editor changes very nicely.

On Wed, Mar 14, 2018 at 10:33 AM, Phyllis Helton phyllis.helton@cru.org wrote:

I think I know why I'm having problems with Toad messing up with my connections for my Editors. It appears that the logic may be backwards for a "new" connection vs changing the connection for an Editor window.

When I am on an Editor and select a connection using the "Change Connection" button, I get a new window for that connection. When I use the "New Connection" button, the connection for my current Editor changes (which has been painful when I'm running a process in the Editor that isn't done yet.

I'm still seeing this behavior in the latest beta.

Blessings,

Phyllis Helton

Data Magician

Security Gestapo
Digital Products & Strategies, Cru | Data Sciences & Analytics
Office :phone: 407-515-4452
phyllis.helton@cru.org

Phyllis

--
Phyllis Helton

Data Magician

Security Gestapo

phyllis.helton@cru.org

Phyllis,

I don’t quite follow. You say Change Connection/Session and New Connection buttons. Do you mean Change Session as in the Editor toolbar’s session button and New Connection as in Toad’s main toolbar new connection button? If so, it looks like the problem is only with the Editor’s change session, right? I did a couple of tests and in each case the Editor remained open and the session of the Editor was changed. I never had a new Editor opened.

Test 1:

1. Make a new connection

2. Open Editor (if step 1 didn’t auto-open one)

3. From Editor’s change session dropdown I choose a previously used connection from the Recent flyout

4. The session is created and my Editor session changes to it
    Test 2:

5. Make a new connection

6. Open Editor (if step 1 didn’t auto-open one)

7. Click the Change Session button in Editor so that Toad’s login window is shown

8. Make a new connection from there

9. Login window is closed, new session is created, my Editor session is changed
    Am I doing what you’re doing or are you doing something else?

Thanks,

Michael

For Test 2, I'm getting a new window for the connection. And then there is

Test 3

1. Have an Editor window open

2. Click on New Connection from the Main Toolbar and open a brand new connection

3. The new connection is opened in the already open Editor

Is it possible that I'm getting different behavior because I have a login script selected to run?

On Wed, Mar 14, 2018 at 11:32 AM, Michael Staszewski bounce-mstaszew@toadworld.com wrote:

RE: Re: New Connection/Change Connection

Reply by Michael Staszewski
Phyllis,

I don't quite follow. You say Change Connection/Session and New Connection buttons. Do you mean Change Session as in the Editor toolbar's session button and New Connection as in Toad's main toolbar new connection button? If so, it looks like the problem is only with the Editor's change session, right? I did a couple of tests and in each case the Editor remained open and the session of the Editor was changed. I never had a new Editor opened.

Test 1:

1. Make a new connection
  2. Open Editor (if step 1 didn't auto-open one)
  3. From Editor's change session dropdown I choose a previously used connection from the Recent flyout
  4. The session is created and my Editor session changes to it
    Test 2:
  1. Make a new connection
  2. Open Editor (if step 1 didn't auto-open one)
  3. Click the Change Session button in Editor so that Toad's login window is shown
  4. Make a new connection from there
  5. Login window is closed, new session is created, my Editor session is changed
    Am I doing what you're doing or are you doing something else?

Thanks,

Michael

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta Forum notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

--
Phyllis Helton

Data Magician

Security Gestapo

phyllis.helton@cru.org

Is it possible that I'm getting different behavior because I have a login script selected to run?

Yes. I see this when I set a login script. I'll log.

Related... I have Editor set to auto-open on new connection. I'm seeing a blank auto-opened Editor as well as a second Editor opened for the login script. It seems that the login script should use the auto-opened Editor as well so that you don't get two.

Thanks,

Michael

Fixed in next beta. It cleans up the second Editor opening business which I think is the real issue. Your Editor connections should change doing as you’re doing, that is expected. The second Editor opening for the new connection is both unnecessary and confusing. Lemme know what you think of the change and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Michael

Thank you, Michael! It will be good to get this resolved. :slight_smile:

On Wed, Mar 14, 2018 at 12:49 PM, Michael Staszewski bounce-mstaszew@toadworld.com wrote:

RE: Re: New Connection/Change Connection

Reply by Michael Staszewski
Fixed in next beta. It cleans up the second Editor opening business which I think is the real issue. Your Editor connections should change doing as you're doing, that is expected. The second Editor opening for the new connection is both unnecessary and confusing. Lemme know what you think of the change and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Michael

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta Forum notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

--
Phyllis Helton

Data Magician

Security Gestapo

phyllis.helton@cru.org