RE: RE: Toad 12.0.0.61 : Slow response in "open" dialogbox on syncronised folder

Hey Sam,

We did have a lingering performance issue with network folder access. We tracked it down to the local file filtering logic within the dialog. It has been
addressed in the upcoming patch for Toad; however, it should also be fixed in the latest 12.1 beta. Can you try it there and see if it’s still a problem for you?

-John

From: SamWiddowson [mailto:bounce-SamWiddowson@toadworld.com]

Sent: Wednesday, July 17, 2013 11:59 AM

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] RE: Toad 12.0.0.61 : Slow response in “open” dialogbox on syncronised folder

RE: RE: Toad 12.0.0.61 : Slow response in “open”
dialogbox on syncronised folder

Reply by SamWiddowson

My colleagues and I are experiencing the same issues. Toad “hangs” for 10-20 seconds when opening the save or open dialog boxes. Also on version 12.0.0.61.

It only freezes when the default folder (i.e. the last saved location) is on a network drive - now when it’s on a local drive. Other applications don’t freeze when opening save dialog boxes
in the same location.

It’s absolutely infuriating, as we need to use the network location to save our work.

It looks like it’s related to either the file preview (although it still freezes when preview is turned off) or the newly-added left hand sidebar. Is Toad running some kind of index on the files
or folders in the default location when I open the dialog box?

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.