Relationship Lines keep moving

I’m having two similar problems and I am not sure how best to resolve them.

Whenever I load a saved model, the lines of some entities are turning from right-angle to straight. It does not happen to all of them, but it requires me to rerun the “change to right angled” feature.

The other problem is that when I change my workspace format settings and change my display level from a large field like attribtues to a small one like entities, the lines get very screwed up and I have to rerun the “change to right angled” feature. I realize this is being caused by the box size changing, but is there any way around this?

The main reason i ask is because every time I rerun that feature, it changes the look of the lines slightly, and I’d like a consistent model to show to clients.

Which version of Toad Data Modeler are you experiencing this behavior with? I am not able to duplicate the changing lines on re-open symptom with the latest release (5.0). For the second problem, you might try setting Lock Points in Right-Angled Mode - it seems to reduce the changes when moving to different display levels.

I am using 4.3.3 currently.

I have already locked points in right-angled mode, and it does slightly reduce the number of lines that change, but almost all of them still do

Hi,

we are working on significant improvements releated to the management of relationship lines, anchor points etc. We believe the new system will be much better.

Regards,

Vaclav

we are working on significant improvements releated to the management of relationship lines, anchor points etc

That is very good news. Is there a timeframe when we can expect this?