same query misses small number of records when run in Automation Designer

I have a query that returns 117089 records when run in the Editor, but only 117012 when the query is pasted into Automation Designer > Export Dataset > Action Properties.

Some of the 83 missing records are the newest, but not all. None of the fields in the missing rows exceed the limits set in Data Masking. I suspect Data Masking might be the culprit here.

It’s a simple query

select ROW_ID, PAR_ROW_ID, LOGIN from siebel.s_user;

ROW_ID is primary key, no dups. The only difference between the Automation Designer and Editor versions is the semi-colon.

When you run it in the Editor, are you using F5 (execute as script) or F9?

Sent: Wednesday, July 20, 2016 10:48 AM

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] same query misses small number of records when run in Automation Designer

same query misses small number of records when run in Automation Designer

Thread created by lob_36979

I have a query that returns 117089 records when run in the Editor, but only 117012 when the query is pasted into Automation Designer > Export Dataset > Action Properties.

Some of the 83 missing records are the newest, but not all. None of the fields in the missing rows exceed the limits set in Data Masking. I suspect Data Masking might be the culprit here.

It’s a simple query

select ROW_ID, PAR_ROW_ID, LOGIN from siebel.s_user;

ROW_ID is primary key, no dups. The only difference between the Automation Designer and Editor versions is the semi-colon.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General Forum
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

I am using the green toolbar “play button” with the tooltip “execute / compile statement at caret”

If you do a select count(*) from your table in Automation design, do you get the lower record count from your query or the count of records returned from the sql editor.

Also I assume you are using the same ID (and same instance) in both tools.

Fixed! Thank you Joe Hawk, **the "same instance" was my assumption, also. A closer look at the session info for the Automation tab revealed a different server instance. **

Without realizing it, I was connecting to a warm backup that updates at intervals in the several minutes to few hours range. Sometimes it's synced, sometimes not, and always with the discrepancies in the newest records AND older records not scrubbed on the backup (another issue, but not my brickyard).

I tried "Run with connections" and forced the current production server, and voila, my automation matches the other session used for Editor.

Thanks again Joe Hawk.