Thanks very much for your feedback.
Unfortunately, I’m sorry to inform you that the save/load layout feature will not be implemented in the upcoming full version 3.3.x. Although we plan to add this feature to TDM version 3, still there have been other tasks of much higher priority.
Nevertheless, there is a workaround:
- Let’s say you have Model 1. You rearrange the model as you need and save the model.
- Then you do RE and a new model, let’s say Model 2, will be created.
- Activate Model 1 and open the Convertor dialog.
- Select Model 2 in the Model2 box.
- Click the Settings tab in Convertor, clear all options except one - Workspaces and its subitems.
- Click the Model tab in Convertor again. You should see only differences made in the layout. If you click Merge to the Model 2, the layout changes should be merged (loaded).
Please let us know if this workaround is acceptable for you.
You have fully rewritted the tools but, it doesn’t bring me feauture.
Well, yes, the save/load feature as it is in TDM 2 is not supported. Nevertheless, there are many other great new features in TDM 3 that are missing in TDM 2: modeless dialogs, object navigator box, enhanced workspace navigation, workspaces, designers, categories, alter script generation, model update, Toad for Oracle integration and in the upcoming version e.g. XSLT transformation, PDF reports and much more…
If you have more questions, please write me back. Thanks!
Have a nice day.