Saving result set in connected table

Still learning Toad Data Point. Can someone verify that the IMPORT function is needed to store the results of a query in a table in the same connection the data is being pulled from, ?

In normal Oracle sql I would code “CREATE TABLE AS”, but I don’t see any choice in Toad Data Point query builder for that, and a right-click on the result grid after the query is run seems to only give option to save to local storage.

If you have a query you always can add CREATE TABLE AS and re-execute it from the SQL Editor.

Or you can use Export |Export Wizard from the right-click menu to export the result into new table/file/add to existing table – there are a lot of different options there.

Regards

Aleksey

Ah, yes, thanks a lot. I only thought the Export was to a file. Now I see that also it can produce a table.

From: Aleksey Bazhenov [mailto:bounce-AlekseyBazhenov@toadworld.com]

Sent: Monday, November 30, 2015 2:52 PM

To: toaddatapoint@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad Data Point - Discussion Forum] Saving result set in connected table

RE: Saving result set in connected table

Reply by Aleksey Bazhenov

If you have a query you always can add CREATE TABLE AS and re-execute it from the SQL Editor.

Or you can use Export |Export Wizard from the right-click menu to export the result into new table/file/add to existing table – there are a lot of different options there.

Regards

Aleksey

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad Data Point - General
notifications altogether.

Toad Data Point - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.