schema comparison results are different between 10.6 and 12.1.0.22

I am comparing two schemas on a Unicode database. The results of Toad 10.6 is different then the results of toad 12.1.0. Toad 22. 12.1.0.22 is showing a view(v_sfi_cursor_info) is different in a column’s(session_id) datatype but I cannot find what the difference. All the information on dba_tab_cols is the same for both owners.
compare issue.docx (388 KB)

It is probably that “column prec/scale” checkbox that is throwing the difference. It would be a lot easier to spot the difference in a grid rather than the record view dialog. Try selecting both rows in one query:

select *

from dba_tab_columns

where table_name = ‘V_SFI_CURSOR_INFO’

and owner in (‘L2SIFAPP_DEV’, ‘L2SIFAPP_QA’)

and column_name = ‘SESSION_ID’

I see you have ‘Column Prec/Scale’ checked on one version, but not the other - that might be the difference your seeing between versions. But, I’m afraid
I wasn’t able to spot off hand why the session_id column was being flag for a datatype difference based on your print screens. Maybe check your options under ‘Object Type Specific Options’ - Pl/SQL Objects and View Source.

Sent: Monday, May 19, 2014 10:20 AM

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] schema comparison results are different between 10.6 and 12.1.0.22

schema comparison results are different between 10.6 and 12.1.0.22

Thread created by dbiddle

I am comparing two schemas on a Unicode database. The results of Toad 10.6 is different then the results of toad 12.1.0. Toad 22. 12.1.0.22 is showing a view(v_sfi_cursor_info)
is different in a column’s(session_id) datatype but I cannot find what the difference. All the information on dba_tab_cols is the same for both owners.

Attachments:

compare issue.docx

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

that was the first thing I did, was to look at the information in dba_tab_columns in the grid layout before I created this question. I have attached the grid version to the “compare issue.docx”
compare issue.docx (472 KB)

I did another comparision and the difference has gone away. I do not know what changed.

If one of the views was invalid when you first did the comparison, that could have done it. Sometimes there are a lot of NULLs in dba_tab_columns when the view is invalid.

By the way - for view columns, the only things we compare are DATA_TYPE, DATA_LENGTH, DATA_PRECISION, DATA_SCALE, CHAR_USED, and VISIBILITY. We don’t compare the other columns of dba_tab_cols unless it is a table or MView.