Schema doc question

We have numerous systems in various schemas. If I produce a schema doc for multiple schemas it produces a “master.html” with the schema names. So far so good. Now I need to run as a different user for another schema that is financial oriented, so it’s in a different schema and requires a different user to create the doc. Is there a way to get it to recognize that ther is already a master.html and edit and update it automatically to include the additional schema? I did so manually and I assume that the master will stay and not lose the manual edits when I refresh. Is that a valid assumption or will it get wiped out?

John, correct me if I’m wrong, but a “master” file is only created when you export multiple schemas. So if you subsequently only export single schemas at a
time, you should be fine. If you export more than 1 at a time, the master file will get overwritten.

From: whgwannabe [mailto:bounce-whgwannabe@toadworld.com]

Sent: Friday, September 20, 2013 4:28 PM

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Schema doc question

Schema doc question

Thread created by whgwannabe

We have numerous systems in various schemas. If I produce a schema doc for multiple schemas it produces a “master.html” with the schema names. So far so good.
Now I need to run as a different user for another schema that is financial oriented, so it’s in a different schema and requires a different user to create the doc. Is there a way to get it to recognize that ther is already a master.html and edit and update
it automatically to include the additional schema? I did so manually and I assume that the master will stay and not lose the manual edits when I refresh. Is that a valid assumption or will it get wiped out?

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

It won’t update any existing files, just overwrite…

The html is pretty simple though. It wouldn’t take much to edit it with notepad to add another schema.

Sent: Friday, September 20, 2013 3:28 PM

Schema doc question

We have numerous systems in various schemas. If I produce a schema doc for multiple schemas it produces a “master.html” with the schema names. So far so good.
Now I need to run as a different user for another schema that is financial oriented, so it’s in a different schema and requires a different user to create the doc. Is there a way to get it to recognize that ther is already a master.html and edit and update
it automatically to include the additional schema? I did so manually and I assume that the master will stay and not lose the manual edits when I refresh. Is that a valid assumption or will it get wiped out?

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Oh yeah that’s true Brad.

From: Brad Boddicker [mailto:bounce-ButtonPusher@toadworld.com]

Sent: Friday, September 20, 2013 3:32 PM

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Schema doc question

RE: Schema doc question

Reply by Brad Boddicker

John, correct me if I’m wrong, but a “master” file is only created when you export multiple schemas. So if you subsequently only export single schemas at a
time, you should be fine. If you export more than 1 at a time, the master file will get overwritten.

Sent: Friday, September 20, 2013 4:28 PM

Schema doc question

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Image removed by sender.

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Okay, I confirmed the statements, not that I didn’t believe you anyway, but yes… multiple schemas produce a master.html and a signle doesn’t. As you said, it’s not brain surgery to add the one additional to the master, but I’m trying to automate this. Fortunately I found out through trial and error that the one schema can produce the doc for all the others as well, so I can do it in one pass for all five schemas and an appropriate master.html including all five is created. So far so good.

I’m running it and putting the output on a network drive, but now they want to be able to view it from Sharepoint. Ordinarily I’d just manually upload it and be done, but they want to periodically re-run the docs. Anybody have any experience with programmatically putting docs onto Sharepoint via Automation Designer?

I don’t know how you put stuff in SharePoint, but if you can write a batch file to do that, you could call the batch file from the Automation Designer with a “shell execute” action.

Not quite a ‘perfect’ solution, but simple… map a drive to the http: URL and use it as the target. It works. It produces all the files as expected. The only quirk is that the buttons which are normally in a row along the top are stacked along the left side. I assume because when I run the .html master file it’s not getting access to the .css file or something. Maybe if it could be redeisgned to put the the master and .css within the directory where the schemas are it would work.

But if that’s the worst thing that happens I’m in pretty good shape. Now I can automate it to run periodically, directly into SharePoint. All of our project documentation points to that location, so now it’s autmated and automatic. Very cool!